reverse run in axis

More
18 May 2019 11:39 #134172 by phoenix
reverse run in axis was created by phoenix
hiii guys
i want reverse run button in axis gui like the execute next line button or (t)
any ideas how can i do that ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2019 11:43 #134173 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic reverse run in axis
what are you meaning with reverse run
you can klick any line in the G-code preview and with the RIGHT Mouse Button you can say start from here

More
18 May 2019 13:34 #134183 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic reverse run in axis
Yea my friend i know that but it jumps on that line what i need is it has to go back lin3 by lin3
Mean exactly opposite to execute next line button

More
18 May 2019 15:23 #134192 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic reverse run in axis
the interpreter concept is straight forward so i guess this is not an option
it reads 10lines ahead but drops all behind

More
18 May 2019 16:34 #134203 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic reverse run in axis
There is a reverse run branch - the plasma guys use it - then you would need to add some gladevcp buttons. I'm not sure How the 'run backwards' mechanism works.
IIRC there is pin that you adjust from 1 to -1.

I'm sure the plasma guys will bring some clarity.
Hopefully in the future reverse run will be included.

Chris M

More
18 May 2019 16:52 #134204 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic reverse run in axis
Thanks buddy... I need to set up external pause button through hal
I already set up start button
So any suggestions that i can change that code to work will be more than welcome

More
18 May 2019 19:41 #134212 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic reverse run in axis

Thanks buddy... I need to set up external pause button through hal
I already set up start button
So any suggestions that i can change that code to work will be more than welcome

I mentioned elsewhere that halui is your friend. It provides another pin that pauses your machine You just need to configure it in your hal files exactly as you did for your stop button but use a another pin and signal name.

As Chris said, reverse run is an experimental branch. PhillC keeps a version of LinuxCNC containing it on a repositiory that is merged with master branch so it is being kept current. It contains a custom plasma environment but it is still a functioning system so you could use it for any machine. However to get it, you need to compile master branch. I don't recommend you try it until you have a complete working config. To use reverse run you will need to modify your GUI and be on your own as few people nobody will have any experience with it.

If you do go down this path, the process of installing it is outined in this thread. Stop at the end of the first post and yo will have a complete working config including reveres run
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/36410-co...fig-for-any-hardware
The following user(s) said Thank You: phoenix

More
20 May 2019 22:14 - 20 May 2019 22:15 #134406 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic reverse run in axis
@Bushman,

This one has reverse run and externall offset's implemented in v2.7.14 github.com/grotius-cnc/stable
So a very good candidate for you to experiment.

If you open up the Grotius gui, you can see the adaptive feed is done by pause-inhibit. This is very good option to use.
The touch screen speedwidget is modified to use at value -1 to value 1. Keep a look at this option.

In fact you can use the speedwidget button to control your machine back- and forward's following your g-code path.
And also you have the power to send some axis of the pat's with the integrated external offset branche. So with this option's
you have power and control allmost to the max. ( it is still a gtk3 solution and not a QT project file solution :woohoo: )

If you want to try the version i suggested on the git. You can modify the gui to work without parport. Look at the axis simulation hal file's to make a simulation version. If you don't succeed i can help you to provide a simulation version.
Last edit: 20 May 2019 22:15 by Grotius.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds