THC

More
21 May 2019 18:08 - 21 May 2019 18:09 #134515 by Firat
THC was created by Firat
Hello everyone,

I wonder if mesa-thcad 10 is enough for controlling the torch height for Smooth cutting. Or what are the best electronics and hardware for professional smooth cutting. For instance is ohmic sensing necessary etc ?
Last edit: 21 May 2019 18:09 by Firat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2019 22:32 #134531 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic THC
The Mesa cards can be used to build a great CNC plasma cutting table using LinuxCNC. I use a 7i76E with the THCad card. A lower cost option is to use the 7I96 card. Look at rodw's spaceship here:

forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/32029...cutter-build?start=0

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Firat

More
22 May 2019 07:40 #134555 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic THC

Hello everyone,

I wonder if mesa-thcad 10 is enough for controlling the torch height for Smooth cutting. Or what are the best electronics and hardware for professional smooth cutting. For instance is ohmic sensing necessary etc ?

The THCAD-10, a Mesa 7i76e and the new plasmac config described in the thread called "Another Plasma Component" is the way to go. You will be hard pressed to find a better plasma controller anywhere.

Thats what John, myself and few others are using. Phill has been working hard to make it as simple as possible to install.

Here is a video from JtKnives posted today using it to cut steel on quite a slope.

There is another one on my spaceship build thread I posted recently.

As far as ohmic sensing goes, if you are cutting heavier material, could get away with a float switch but I struggled with 2mm until I added ohmic sensing due to material flex.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Firat

More
23 May 2019 01:23 #134634 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic THC
I have to agree with Rod and the others here, although I have several (over 10, stopped counting) still using the older config and other THC controllers (mainly THC150 from prima elektronika). The next 2 are going to use the plasmac config made by Phill and THCAD, and all after them. Now I just have to get some very long rails here and start building a 6x2 meters cut area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds