New linuxcnc when jogging joint feed override

More
10 Jun 2019 09:15 - 10 Jun 2019 09:16 #136452 by grandixximo
Hello to all :)

Was really curious on why is it that in the new linuxcnc feed override doesn't effect the jog speed of joints but only of axis, are there some other pins that manage the joint jog feed override? or was that a conscious decision to eliminate the functionality of been able to feed overriding joint jog speeds? What if i want to bring back this functionality where should i look in the code?
Last edit: 10 Jun 2019 09:16 by grandixximo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2019 12:29 #136461 by pl7i92
the pins and halui have changed to joint and axis separateted
you may find some answers depending on what you need to do and what system gui you are on
gmccapy wores different then gscreen now

we all got troubleing with jog speed to get it as it has been

More
10 Jun 2019 13:49 #136472 by grandixximo
I would like to have feed override act on joints not only on axis

More
11 Jun 2019 00:03 - 11 Jun 2019 00:04 #136520 by grandixximo
Sorry, i would like the feed override to effect Jogging, i didn't test very well yesterday, both axis and joint jogging are not effected by feed override.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 00:04 by grandixximo.

More
11 Jun 2019 01:34 #136525 by rodw
I'm no expert on this but I don't think manual jogging is designed to recognise feed override.
If you are referring to G0/G1 commands in gcode, you need to enable feed override with M50 P1 before it will work.

More
11 Jun 2019 01:39 - 11 Jun 2019 02:22 #136526 by grandixximo
It recognized feed overrides before there was the change where feed override and rapid override were separated, if you install older 2.6 versions of linuxcnc, or even when it was still called EMC you will see that feed override did effect jogging, i would just love the functionality back, if not by default at least with a work around.

Download this

linuxcnc.org/iso/ubuntu-10.04-linuxcnc3-i386.iso

and run in a virtual machine and you'll see, what i particularly love is the ability to use the keyboard sort of like a pendant, where you can jog with the arrow keys and use the row of numbers to adjust the feed, without having to stop readjusting feed and then move again like you basically have to do now, that to me is a loss of convenience, i'd really love it back
Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 02:22 by grandixximo.

More
12 Jun 2019 13:01 #136720 by andypugh

what i particularly love is the ability to use the keyboard sort of like a pendant, where you can jog with the arrow keys and use the row of numbers to adjust the feed, without having to stop readjusting feed and then move again like you basically have to do now, that to me is a loss of convenience, i'd really love it back

(This is not to dismiss your request, just a point of interest)
Since I switched to all-touchscreen interfaces I have not had the keyboard jog option. (though I can use an MPG for similar purposes)

What I do do a lot of is MDI commands. You can queue them up, so I will often enter a sequence of G1 commands just switching the Y number and the sign of the X. Feed override works then too. It's less bother than holding down a keyboard key, and it will stop at the exact position entered.

More
12 Jun 2019 13:50 - 12 Jun 2019 13:52 #136727 by grandixximo
I know there are work around, I know a good amount of them, I move the machines in MDI too, I made MDI codes that send the machine to just before the limit of the machine, and I can adjust feed while moving, I use these buttons to cut manually. Pendants can be connected to the jog speed pins, and with a mux2 component and an encoder I can adjust speed while moving.

But on a 5 axis machine, when sometimes you are forced to move joint and not axis to avoid limit collision, then adjustment of feed while moving joints is not possible from interface, a good way to do this would be with a jog feed override, could be done in 2.6 can't be done now, I understand that is not something everyone does or needs to do, I just think it would be nice to be able to do it, even if I didn't know 2.6 could do it, I think I would still like to be able to override jog feed rate while jogging, I know someone else has the same feeling, according to pl7i92 everyone got trouble with jog feed as it has been, maybe it's just me and him...
Last edit: 12 Jun 2019 13:52 by grandixximo.

More
12 Jun 2019 16:25 #136754 by andypugh

I know someone else has the same feeling, according to pl7i92 everyone got trouble with jog feed as it has been, maybe it's just me and him...

No, I don't think it is just you. I am just surprised that you are the first to mention it.

More
13 Jun 2019 00:00 #136797 by grandixximo
At the time 2.7 came out i felt it was something i could live with, since so many more great things were added in 2.7 it seemed OK to loose something for it, after few years dealing with the partial work around in some cases, i'm just asking myself why can't it be like it was, i think that's why it took me so long to voice it here...

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds