LinuxCNC just stops............Help me Mr. Wizard.

More
14 Jun 2019 21:36 #136916 by Roguish
I seem to have a pretty serious problem. Linuxcnc just stops in the middle of a run. I have been fighting this for months and am at wits end. Here's some details.
Master version
Arock Q1900M mb, 4gig ram, 120gid SSD drive
As much turned off BIOS as possible including all power savings, extra ports, audio, ...etc, etc....
Mesa 6i24 controller, Mesa 7i40 motor drives, Mesa 7i37 opto isolator (yeah, Mesanet shop is 30 minutes away....)
Debian Stretch install, Mate desktop. Very clean and simple install, only what is really necessay to run.

First image is a screen shot of a test run I was just in. Program loops through my chainring. Note in the command terminal window the 'task: main loop took 0.xxxxxx seconds.' Linuxcnc stops every time this occurs. Note in the Axis gui the machine on/off button is off. The stop is just as if one clicked on the machine on/off button.

Yeah I have checked the latency. so many times I'm dizzy. 2nd image is latency histogram for a 36 hour period. Note I already have isolcpus=2,3. This lowered the latency by almost a factor of 10.

3rd image is of the command window while I was trying to make parts. Each time the stop bites the 'main task loop took... message pops up. It's a real PITA trying to run. Fortunately I was able to recover and actually finish the work.
Note the lines directly after the 'Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...' line.

Sooo, any and all clues would be deeply appreciated. Anyone with in-depth knowledge of timing in side Linuxcnc?

Oh, in [TASK] section, cycle time = .015
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2019 21:44 #136919 by cmorley
The terminal mentions a following error. do you see that message in AXIS?

Chris M

More
14 Jun 2019 22:06 - 14 Jun 2019 22:07 #136921 by Roguish
Ah, Cmorley. One of the experts.

No, no messages what so ever in Axis.

I know there are a few ferrors showing. my x axis is a bit sticky.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2019 22:07 by Roguish.

More
14 Jun 2019 22:40 #136924 by persei8
This may not be relevant, but I had the same problem. It would just stop and turn the machine off and report those same errors. Another thing it did was adjust jog speed while jogging. All the motor wires and keyboard and mouse wires were going through the same hole in the table it's sitting on. Since replacing the keyboard and mouse with wireless units, the problem has gone away. Something to look at anyway.

More
14 Jun 2019 22:56 #136926 by Roguish
persei8.
thanks for the info. my mouse and keyboard are usb. I have an old keyboard with the old style plug. I'll try it. and i'll look for a non-usb mouse also.
I'm desperate....

More
15 Jun 2019 06:16 #136956 by cmorley
A following error will turn the machine off (as you described)
Other ideas are electrical interference (say on home switches) but i would expect to see that error message.
A memory test of the computer may show suspect memory.

Can we see your config files to see if the following error is from a slightly miss configured setting?

Chris M

More
15 Jun 2019 11:17 #136974 by BigJohnT
Electrical interference on the keyboard USB wire can send keyboard commands to the active window. Try opening a text file after starting the G code to see if anything shows up in the text editor.

JT

More
15 Jun 2019 15:03 #136989 by Roguish
OK, well I am going to eliminate all ferrors by opening the following error allowable to at least 1.00", then run my looping program.

I have noticed one weird thing. see the image. Note the extreme acceleration.... WTF.

where does that number come from?
Attachments:

More
15 Jun 2019 15:05 #136990 by Roguish
Cmorley, here are my config files. a bit messier than usual, but I've been in and out of them so many times....

More
15 Jun 2019 16:52 - 15 Jun 2019 16:55 #136997 by BigJohnT
That is in [TRAJ] MAX_LINEAR_ACCEL.

I wonder if backlash has something to do with the crazy number.

JT
Last edit: 15 Jun 2019 16:55 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds