Linear move on line 29 would exceed Axis X's positive limit

More
26 Jun 2019 03:34 #137858 by Surfermann
My cnc plasma has both rotary and sheet. I am using Command CNC to operate them. I have Command CNC set up with 2 configurations, one for sheet and one for rotary. Today I attempted to cut a new g-code for a rotary part. I got this message: Linear move on line 29 would exceed Axis X's positive limit. I then tried to cut another part with a g-code I've used previously and got the same error message.

I then switched to plate and it cut fine. I rebooted everything and tried rotary again with the same error message. The difference between sheet and rotary is the configuration. I checked the configuration for rotary and it looked un-changed with the limits set at -10,000 and 10,000.

Any thoughts. Where should I look next?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2019 07:45 #137869 by pl7i92
you need to home/REF the machine at the begining of every work to get a start place

BEST for NOW is GET THE mashine manuell moed to a corner position WHERE the REF point is

goto the mashie folder
DELETE the *.var FILE
and the *.var.bak
file
then the mashine will act as you like

BUT
As you say there is a great missunderstanding in your mashine work flow

the mashine needs a point G53 that is always th samwe
we use LIMIT switches on that and REFerence Homeswitches that are triggerd by the mashine moving at start

More
26 Jun 2019 10:06 #137879 by rodw
Generally when this happens (I can't speak for rotary) it is because the torch is at 0,0 and your file takes it into negative X or Y territory. Often this could be as simple as kerf width compensation. The usual solution is to jog away from 0,0 and touch off before cutting. I can't speak for rotary but essentially, its treated as a flattened sheet so I'm guessing the same will apply. You may need to move the torch the width of the kerf (or a touch more) and touch off. But I have no experience with rotary.

More
27 Jun 2019 10:37 #137984 by pl7i92
as e got no wrferencing at all
and the ini showes +-10000mm
i guess simply the VAR did run out as it is always set to the mid point at startup nd counts upwards without reset G54 value

this is within 2.7 <12

More
27 Jun 2019 13:00 #137996 by Surfermann
Thanks. My X axis is left/right movement on the gantry for both rotary and sheet. The error occurred because I have a manual release on my gantry so after I make a cut in tube, left to right, I reposition the torch manually (move right to left). Since I never set home, the amount kept adding up. I hit the home button this morning and the dro read 9999. Reset all and problem solved.

Of concern in my situation, I never home the Y, Z or A (rotary) axis. I will look into the .var files today.

More
27 Jun 2019 23:37 #138053 by andypugh
I would strongly advocate adding home switches and homing at the start of each day.

More
28 Jun 2019 13:12 #138117 by Surfermann
Thanks. I removed most of the home switches when my system became "possessed". We were eliminating anything that could bring "noise" into the control panel. We finally discovered that the possession was caused by several loose wires in the plasma control cable.

With my work flow the home switches are superfluous and the only remaining one was the X-axis. What I now know is that the .var counter will accumulate the moves and eventually shut me down. If my crew will simply pre-cut tube to the exact length, the X-axis home switch will be useful.

Also, apparently, if there is no home switch listed in the configuration, the .var counter does not count; though I haven't confirmed this yet.

More
28 Jun 2019 17:35 #138126 by pl7i92
at the end it is up to you

its just a 2days learning of homing to the given parameters

like 4axis milling

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds