Modification on the Interface

More
31 Jul 2019 23:32 #141057 by daxur666
Good day, I was wondering if someone can give me any advice on, How can I add to the interface, buttons or something similar, to select type of material, and based on that to calculate the spindle speed and the feed rate? just the calculation, I don't need the parameters to modify the LinuxCNC programming, I just need for the parameters to be displayed.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2019 06:06 #141171 by pl7i92
Hi
i missed the Wizard Ball
WHAT interface are you talking it is realy lots of out there
like Plasmac Gmoccapy

More
02 Aug 2019 13:11 #141182 by daxur666
I just need to add a bottom or something similar to calculate RPM, and the feed rate (after the user selects the type of material, I have the formulas and the data needed for the calculation). I think is simply, but I have no idea of how to research for it

More
02 Aug 2019 20:52 #141229 by cmorley
This would be something you would generally build with gladevcp or (in master) qtvcp.
For instance there is a calculator widget that might be a useful base.
You could make it a gladevcp panel and use python extensions to do the calculations you want.

Usually you need to know cutter diameter, rpm, cutting surface speed and number of teeth. These could be entered via spinboxes, comboboxes or entryboxes.

Chris M

More
03 Aug 2019 02:07 #141243 by daxur666
Thanks for answering, that gives me something to research about, I was planning on do it with pyVCP, but I don't think I can use it for calculations.

More
03 Aug 2019 04:26 #141250 by cmorley
yes pyvcp doesn't allow user-side python code to be added.
gladevcp is much more powerful.

Would love to see your interface when you are done. It would probably make a good general widget for linuxcnc too.

Chris M

More
03 Aug 2019 06:42 #141257 by pl7i92
there needs to be a mashine factor also
as chees milles will not take iron Hurco Data

there are tables from tool makers you can keep up within a standalone Spreedsheet
even on linuxcnc

More
12 Aug 2019 19:49 #141993 by andypugh
As an example, take a look at this config:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Hobbing
It's a horrible UI layout, but works so I have not tweaked it.
Left top is an area where you can change any gear parameter and all the other numbers recalculate, this seems to be a lot like what you want.
The "magic" is all in the .py file, and the controls are configured to call variious different python routines.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds