Linux cnc calibration for 3040t

More
04 Aug 2019 14:07 #141332 by Tweedy17
Hi everyone I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times but I can't find it anywhere.

I will start of by saying I know next to nothing about linux systems and cnc machines but I have managed to get my machine up and running and cutting fine but my problem Is it is not cutting the lengths and widths I am telling it too.

I have been through the step on wizard and copied setting of a guy from youtube who has the same setup, could something be wrong there?

Thanks for any help guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2019 14:13 #141334 by tommylight
There are several ways to fix that, but we need much more info about the machine and drive system and drives microstepping.
You can try to fix that by opening calibration menu in linuxcnc and change the values of scale there for each axis till you get the exact distance traveled as the one commanded.

More
04 Aug 2019 14:35 #141338 by Tweedy17
Thanks for the info, I wouldn't know where to find all the info for the steppers ect but where do I find the calibration menu, is the the stepcon thing?

More
04 Aug 2019 15:49 #141345 by tommylight
Machine menu in Linuxcnc.
There is also the test axis button in stepconfig if that is easier for you.

More
04 Aug 2019 16:28 #141350 by Tweedy17
Thanks, I think I have fixed it, I'm just looking for the next hurdle now hahaha. Thanks again buddy

More
04 Aug 2019 17:59 #141353 by tommylight
You are welcomed.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds