Home switch active before start of latch move

More
19 Aug 2019 16:38 #142498 by daxur666
Good day

I am using the Axis interface, everything works fine, normally, what I do before starting to machine with my milling is "Home All", when I do it with a different sequence for each axis (one axis after the other one) everything works fine, but because the feed rate of the 3 axes is extremely slow (60 mm/min), I had decided to do it with the 3 axes at the same time, so the sequence for the 3 axes is "0" (the 3 axes move at the same), and then is when sometimes I get "home switch active before start of latch move".

When the machine is homing and I get the error, the homing process does not stop, if I get the error on Z axis, X and Y axes do finish the homing correctly, but to complete the homing on the missing axis, I have to "Home All" again.

So, my questions are:
1) Can anybody tell me if there is a definitive way to solve this issue when homing all axes at the same time?
2) Is it possible for my interface to have extra buttons to home the axes individually? Because like I explain before when the problems happens, the homing process does not stop, so it would be helpful if after the 2 axes are already homed, I can just home the one missing axis.

Thanks for any idea you can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2019 16:53 #142499 by tommylight
It seems you are using shared home switches, so that will always error on the first axis that triggers the switch. You can use diferent priorities for each axis and increase the home_search_velocity as much as the machine can handle without overshooting the switch.

More
19 Aug 2019 17:33 #142503 by daxur666
I am using 2 switches for each axis and both switches are connected to the same pin if that is what you mean with shared switches.

Thank you for the information about what triggers the error, I was not aware of why sometimes it happened in a different axis. So sometimes the Home process works normal in all of the axis, is this maybe an idicator that there can be any other reason why it happens?

More
19 Aug 2019 18:55 #142515 by tommylight
It might also be from interference, if it is random or before any of the switches if actually triggered.
It might also be from loose connections or a faulty switch, but that is less likely.
Try to set a debounce for the switches in hal, see if it helps.

More
20 Aug 2019 05:07 #142554 by Mike_Eitel
Use gmoccappy. In that gui it is foreseen to home single axis.

More
06 Nov 2019 13:16 #149709 by ytiuqibu
Do you mean that even if we have all home (and limit) switches connected to a single paraport pin (in our case pin 11) that Gmoccappy will allow homing each axis individually rather than the Home All that Axis forces?

More
10 Nov 2019 14:43 - 10 Nov 2019 14:50 #150063 by Todd Zuercher
Pretty sure you can with any of the user interfaces.
In Axis there are 2 ways to home individual axis. 1st is from the machine pull down menu. 2nd is to select the axis jog button you wish to home, then press the keyboard "home" button (not the on screen home all one. )
Last edit: 10 Nov 2019 14:50 by Todd Zuercher.

More
07 Dec 2019 05:57 #152215 by ytiuqibu
Thanks, I will investigate this

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds