Explaning linuxcnc implement kinematics of a new robot

More
08 Sep 2019 11:51 #144513 by Mohamed
Can any one tell me what is .ini and .hal files do, and if i want to make my own robot configurations and kinematics from scratch, from where should i begin and what are the things i should know to make or implement my kinematics of my robot to linuxcnc, then make a simulation using Vismach?
I believe the answers will be useful to a lot of people just like me who don't know how to implement there robot into linuxcnc and make it move like the original examples in linuxcnc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2019 15:17 #144526 by pl7i92
ini is the Joint configuration UP to 12 Joints ISO and 24 more are posile
HAL is the connection from pins to interpreter

the Kinetics is just a translator

you shoudt start With a DOF6 or a scara Hexapot kinetics depending on where you want to go

can you give us a image if the ROBOT so we will tell you best options
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed

More
08 Sep 2019 16:58 - 08 Sep 2019 16:59 #144543 by Mohamed
Thank you so much for your time....

my robot is a hyprid 5DOF consisting of a tripod and a 2DOF serial arm at the end of the tripod, iam also gonna use a Break out board for that.
can i also ask what is the difference between ISO and posile?
and how to configure both .ini and .hal, is it written in python or what and how to verify i write it correctly ?
Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 16:59 by Mohamed.

More
09 Sep 2019 13:13 #144604 by pl7i92
iso are XYZABCUVW AXIS
posible are JOINT_0 - JOINT_16
this is run eighter by internal matrix ISO or a PID loop at Joint mode

so you can mix up your need

in your case i woudt run the tripod as a XYZ
the arm is a Rotary with UVW ofset

More
09 Sep 2019 16:25 #144614 by Mohamed
Thank you so much for these info, it really helped my out,,,
Now i can pretty much know what are .hal and .ini and joints in the .ini do,
but now i want to ask is the kinematics has a file or extension for itself so that i can go there and change it.
Also i saw the vismach hexapod example, and i saw about 6 files including .ini and .hal and another ones, but i didn't see .py for python file, so i wonder where the visualization of the hexapod came from in the (tk) window?

More
11 Sep 2019 00:50 #144766 by andypugh
Every HAL file has something like "loadrt trivkins" or "loadrt genserkins"

Sometimes the actual kins name is read in from the ini:
"loadrt [KINS]KINEMATICS"

But in all cases, that is where the kinematics executable is loaded.

More
12 Sep 2019 10:59 #144955 by Mohamed
thank you so much Andy,
i have a question on another thing, now i have a .STL file for my CNC and i want to implement it to vismach using python code
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/vismach.html
now i can draw some basic shapes like spheres and cylinders etc, even i didn't fully understand the code particularly the function Capture(), however i have another problem when implementing from cad exported as .STL like i said, the problem is that the model doesn't appear like the sphere does, also the orientations or define the rotation or movement of each part relative to each other or even assembling the model will be so impossible as is see it becouse i have to position each part relative to another ....

More
14 Sep 2019 17:52 #145161 by andypugh
You can position the parts in the python code prior to assembling the model. But it's easier to have everything in the right place in the CAD model, and have the CAD model on the correct origin part, then import that.

More
15 Sep 2019 15:09 #145255 by Mohamed
Yes, this idea of assembling the cad model then importing it to python is alot easier but the problem is that how to define the joints so that i can make each joint move by itself?

More
15 Sep 2019 22:38 #145297 by andypugh
I wrote the Vismach documentation, and that really is my best attempt at explaining it. Anything I wrote here would just be repeating what I wrote then. Except that I understood it then and have forgotten it since.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds