MESA 5i25 card drive home made ATC carousel

More
10 Sep 2019 14:10 #144701 by rogerxue
Hi, I have a homemade ATC carousel, I want to drive with a 5i25 card. The rough idea is for every T command, it will call a sub routine that turn the carousel into position x so the spindle can come and pick it up. Is this reasonable? anywhere I can find similar configuration? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2019 14:59 #144707 by tommylight
Install Linuxcnc or boot it from USB, there are a lot of simulations that come with it and there is a nice 3D visualisation in sim/axis/vismach/VMC_toolchange/vmc_index

More
10 Sep 2019 17:13 #144719 by pl7i92
YES ofcause you can control your carusell
there is a component for it linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/carousel.9.html

as iam a little confused you say X -> i it a liiar ATC along the X axis as mine ?
you can with the 5i25 run almost everything you build and get signals back
do you plan to go for a dauther card like 7i76 as Stepper or a Servo system analog 0-10V 7i77
Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2019 02:47 #144773 by rogerxue
when I say x, I meant some position, not x Axis. I'm going to use a break out board, since I already have one, I'm bit confused of the benefit of a daughter board. It's using the same IO as the 5i25 card, and just added butter for the stepping and direction right? I've been using 5i25 for two years now, and never find a need for a daughter card, but my old machine is stepper, the new one is servo, not sure that changes anything

More
11 Sep 2019 06:01 #144782 by pl7i92
by servo you mean Hybrid STEp/DIr
you can run a analog servo on a Encoder base at -10/+10V that gives you the full 3000RPM

you may not reatch this on a Step/Dir base

CAROUSELL How is the Pocket deteckted or only homing point

More
12 Sep 2019 00:38 #144852 by rogerxue
Hi thanks for the reply.

I'm using Mitsubishi MR-JE-100A to drive servo, so lots of ways to drive it. I think dir/step will work just fine, the machine can only reach 1300IPM anyway.

The carousel will only have one homing switch, and the pocket location is defined by steps away from home. I looked at the carousel package, it seems need each pocket to have it's own signal
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2019 13:44 #145058 by rogerxue
Thanks, I do find the directory, how do I run the simulation?

More
17 Sep 2019 16:33 #145407 by andypugh
If you only have a home signal then you should probably configure the carousel as axis A, B or C as a rotary. Then you can home the carousel as part of the normal axis homing sequence and then drive it to positions calculated in a G-code remap.

The carousel component is probably no help with your setup.

Adding some sense switches to give absolute position would probably be valuable, though. You would need 4 more prox sensors and 4 IO lines to detect the 16 positions.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds