Some type of 'Panel' issue in linux

More
26 Sep 2019 04:13 #146215 by rimshot
Hello Hello,
I knew sooner or later I would find myself posting to this forum. You've all been a great help along the way so far. Fortunately this is the first time I've needed to ask for help. So without further ado ... I am John a single white male in ... Oh ! wrong site. Uhhh John in NW-PA. Just built my first CNC machine. I am running linuxcnc of course. Every single time linux boots up I get this dialog (sometimes many dialogs) about x4f something rather panel not created, cancel or execute. It tells me to save the session for use in the future. I've made it a point several times now to to 'log out' and save just to make sure. next time she boots up... yup. panel error. Please tell me how to fix this so I can get on with learning to mill rather than this...

well I'm still going back to learning. I'm not just gonna sit here waiting, refreshing the browser.

Thank you,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2019 06:59 #146219 by pl7i92
hi and welcome

we need some information
WHAT Operation System is on MINT Debian Ubuntu ....
What Version is running
WHAT Control AXIS Gmocapy QTVCP produces this kind of Popup
x4f is not part of linuxcnc i guess your graphik driver does not suport multiframe
so WHAT PC is the System on

More
26 Sep 2019 07:22 #146223 by rimshot
Hello There!
So an lscpu turns up the following...

Architecture: i686
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 2
On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 2
Socket(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 15
Stepping: 11
CPU MHz: 2327.242
BogoMIPS: 4654.48
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 4096K

I did try running linuxcnc on mint 19 for about a day. nope. found out the best way is make the lincnc disk bundle with debian. presto chango it worked! now...

The error dialog appears every single time I start linux. I get two different messages.

"No Running Instance of XFCE4-Panel was found" options - close/execute
next
"Modifying Panel is Not Allowed"

Off and on over the past week I've done my best to research this only to end in defeat. I'm not a linux guy, but I'm doing my best.

So there's also this other pesky annoyance. I'm learning here which does require the occasional youtube video. The audio i'm working with is nearly non-existent. This "ALSA" audio... So this machine is a dual boot. Win10 and linuxcnc. It's totally dedicated to this project. In windows the board audio works great. A usb audio card works great. I built a sweet little 12w amplifer to use with this computer, but linux only wants to play audio over the system speaker. I select the found usb audio device, but nothing... It doesn't use the board sound card at all.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John

More
26 Sep 2019 07:30 #146226 by pl7i92
as i guesed above it is the System not linuxcnc that produces this error
see here how to fix it
askubuntu.com/questions/50984/why-do-i-r...f-xfce4-panel-was-fo

More
26 Sep 2019 07:40 #146228 by rimshot
Brilliant! Thank you one thousand times good sir. I removed the sessions dir from home/me. went to app menu > settings > session and start up: saved my session. the new files appeared in the home/me dir. shutdown, reboot. gravy. Thank you.

Now onto that pesky audio... or rather the lack there of.

Best,
John

P.S. Also. Will there be a day when I don't have to satisfy captcha for each post?

More
02 Oct 2019 02:24 #146848 by andypugh

P.S. Also. Will there be a day when I don't have to satisfy captcha for each post?

I didn't know you had to do that now!

Looking at the forum config, it is only for the first three posts.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds