Audio Issues

More
26 Sep 2019 21:13 #146300 by rimshot
Audio Issues was created by rimshot
Hello All,
So I have put a new little box together specifically for LinuxCNC which is working out quite well. However, the only audio I've been able to get out of this debian wheezy is from the system/mobo speaker. I have attached a USB audio adapter. linux sees it. I select it. Nothing happens. I had found somewhere that an alsa.conf file needs poked at. so I did. Now even the mobo speaker doesn't work. Obviously I'm not huge into linux though I've given mint a fair shake many times over the years... still... just don't get it.

Anyways. I really need to run this linuxcnc, so I guess I'm stuck using debian wheezy, but I need the audio. neeeed the audio. please help.

Since this machine is dual boot with win10 I boot into windows and everything works. speakers and all audio devices. Linux... not so much.
Architecture: i686
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 2
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    Socket(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 15
    Stepping: 11
    CPU MHz: 2327.242
    BogoMIPS: 4654.48
    Virtualization: VT-x
    L1d cache: 32K
    L1i cache: 32K
    L2 cache: 4096K

Distributor ID:   Debian
Description:   Debian GNU/Linux 7.11 (wheezy)
Release:   7.11
Codename:   wheezy

Thank you,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2019 06:41 #146331 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Audio Issues
Disable all Audio on a CNC
its a Realtime system
get a 5USD Radio DVD/Usb station to get your music played

its a CNC not a Rockconcert

More
27 Sep 2019 19:16 #146430 by rimshot
Replied by rimshot on topic Audio Issues
lol. that's great. honestly though, I really don't listen to much music of any type. I want the audio for occasional videos while learning this machine and program. I have to keep shutting down and booting into win10 to figure something out then reboot back into debian. it's nuts.

sure would like to get the audio working.

More
27 Sep 2019 21:20 #146433 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Audio Issues
Getting your audio working is probably more of a generic Linux problem between your hardware and the kernel version you are running. Googling the problem pertaining to your specific hardware will probably yield the best solution.

I know that I have struggled with setting up audio setting up some other Linux systems (Mythtv) in the past and a bit of digging usually turned up a solution. I have never tried to get audio working on one of my Linuxcnc machines. Can't hear it in the noisy shop environment where you must (or at least should) wear hearing protection anyway.

More
27 Sep 2019 23:30 #146442 by rimshot
Replied by rimshot on topic Audio Issues
Hey Todd,
Well thanks for responding anyway. Yeah I've been googling for the past 4 days or so... no luck. Doesn't help that I'm just eking by inside of linux in the first place. Guess I'll just keep at it till I figure it out or just don't need it anymore.

I did on the other hand just make my very first very successful cut. So that's good. I still have quite a ways to go though.

Thanks again,
John

More
19 Oct 2019 06:01 - 19 Oct 2019 07:49 #148288 by morandsa
Replied by morandsa on topic Audio Issues
You can find more audio products here.

Link removed, see below. [/url]
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 07:49 by tommylight. Reason: spam

More
19 Oct 2019 07:49 #148297 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Audio Issues

You can find more audio products here.

removed link

This has nothing to do with the topic, considering it spam and removing the link.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds