WOWZERS!

More
28 Sep 2019 21:26 #146506 by Scot
WOWZERS! was created by Scot
Well folks,

If you've been watching my posts, you've seen long and wordy questions and statements that are attempts to get as much info as possible in the shortest time imaginable.

But even with all my blathering, I'm proud to announce that I have success! With Jon Elson's help and guidance, I have the tuning of my first brushless servo motor about perfectly dialed in! It's holding decently close tolerance and it was doing decent rapids of up to about 100ipm. This is the machine's 3rd retrofit. the last retrofit achieved rapids of just over 120ipm. But when I got into the .ini file for Jon's PWM boards and changed the MAX_VELOCITY to what it was calculated to, I was skeptical at first. Then ZOOM! The machine achieved 366ipm rapids with nema 23 brushless servos!

Thanks to Jon and thanks to everyone for their guidance and help!

I can't speak highly enough of Jon for his aid in this. I've done stepper systems before and they were easy. But the servo systems were a bit more confusing. Jon really made it easy, even with literally NO experience using an oscilloscope or servo tuning.

Jon's boards and amps PERFORM! If you're thinking of building a servo system with both incredible speed and impressive accuracy, order his equipment! You won't be dissatisfied!

I have another machine I'm planning on changing the control on, when this current machine is complete and turning parts. I will ABSOLUTELY be buying boards and amps from Jon for that second machine.

Pico-Systems gear is SOLID!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2019 23:38 #146516 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic WOWZERS!
Glad you got it working, especially that your are more than satisfied with the results.
You are welcomed, always although i can not recall if i helped at all.
And yes, Jon is very good at what he does and he is very helpful here on the forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds