Distorted engraved text

More
08 Nov 2019 20:54 #149938 by Variable777
I have a small 3 axis desktop mill - Sable 2015. I use it for pcb work and small wood jobs. I have been trying to engrave pencils with text with a height of 2.5mm. The typeface is a single line font called Railway1L, I use Cut2d to generate the code for Linux cnc. Stepconf is configured with data from the Sable 2015 Web page with values of 13.4mm/s for max velocity on all axis. Max acceleration is 150mm/s/s on x and y and 100mm/s/s on the z axis. I use an engraving tool with a feed rate of 6mm/s. This cuts without difficulty. The text however is badly distorted, an E for example has a back which is a curve. N and M fail to start in the correct place. I am happy that I have the correct g code, if I single step through the code it works perfectly. If I reduce the feed rate to 2mm/s it also works OK. What seems to be happening is linuxcnc is issuing a new command before one in progress is finished. I imagine there has to be a way of telling linuxcnc that it needs to wait a bit longer somewhere. Can anybody suggest where? Please keep your answer simple please!! I feel sure that the mill is capable of working at 6mm/s without difficulty. Please could you also advise me of the best part of the forum to look for answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2019 21:05 #149939 by Mike_Eitel

More
08 Nov 2019 21:33 #149940 by Variable777
Replied by Variable777 on topic Distorted engraved text
Thank you, problem solved. Many thanks for your assistance.:)

More
09 Nov 2019 14:37 #149986 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Distorted engraved text
thi INI file has a STARTUP Code
so the mashine is on G61 if you put it there
but it is better to get your postprocessor to the right output
so everything on G-code to tell the mashine state shoudt also be in G-code
Starting With G17 for plane
Metric or inch
Main Workpice coordinate system to use G54
Precision G64 /G61
absolut G90
set the Cycles off G80 G40 G49 ..
Then its time to set the G-code fpr your part this shoudt be always the first thing to get a postprocessor g-code for your mashine

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds