Dev suggestions

More
13 Nov 2019 19:59 #150321 by yoshimitsuspeed
After not using my machine much for 6 months and then coming back and installing on a new computer I had a couple issues I thought I'd mention.
When I first went to run linuxcnc on the new computer I got a warning about my estop and a couple other things in my hal file. After a while of looking at code, searching the forums and such I got lucky and found someone mention it had to do with it not seeing the signals from the mesa card. At that point I remembered I hadn't turned on the 24v supply to the card.
It would be really nice if there were a warning message like signal from these components not seen, exiting or something similar that makes it more obvious the problem is hardware/signal related.

I also ran pnconf to open my old machine files on a usb to then import and create the desktop icon. That worked fine except that pnconf still has a bug in spindle settings that limits max RPM to 10,000 and any time you use pnconf sets it down to that. This caused issues with spindle function which fortunately I posted about when I had this problem when I was setting up the new card so it was easy to fix but it's still pretty frustrating and was a pain to troubleshoot the first time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2019 02:28 #150342 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Dev suggestions
If you have a unpowered sserial device like a 7I76, LinuxCNC should not start because
there will be missing hal pins.

More
14 Nov 2019 20:42 #150390 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Dev suggestions
What is a more reasonable limit for pncconf's spindle rpm?
Thanks for the feedback.

Chris

More
15 Nov 2019 00:23 #150400 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Dev suggestions
hmm looking into the code looks like I raised the limit to 100000 for one spinbox but not the others.

What version of linuxcnc are you using?

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds