Calculating path length

More
25 Nov 2019 20:06 #151248 by An
Replied by An on topic Calculating path length
Thanks for the replies guys. Im still unclear as to whether i can do this the way i want to using the kins file. Forget about the extruder - that was a bad example. A fibre tape layer is a better example for this. Knowing the path length would let you spool out the correct amount of fibre (it might also have some practicality issues but if you could please let it slide in the mean time!). I would be happy to try the method suggested by PCW but I haven't tried anything in the HAL world, nor compiling source code etc (maybe its similar to kins modification I just dont know).

Thanks once again for your time and patience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 22:29 #151256 by Badger
Replied by Badger on topic Calculating path length
I use the method suggested by PCW of using hypot to control a step generator to run a servo that operates the needle in my rugbot relative to the motion of the machine. This is somewhat similar to a sewing machine and it keeps perfect stitch length regardless of direction or speed. This may or may not be applicable to your needs but if you search the site for "rugbot" I think I have posted my .hal and .ini files somewhere.

More
26 Nov 2019 22:04 #151318 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Calculating path length
Look at machine kit, they are controlling 3D printers. The extrusion velocity must depend on axis velocity, as otherwise you do have more material at all directions changing, due to acceleration issues.

May be the code from machine kit solve your issue.

Norbert

More
02 Dec 2019 15:26 #151757 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Calculating path length

Thanks for the replies guys. Im still unclear as to whether i can do this the way i want to using the kins file

Possibly, but the solution from PCW is 2 lines of HAL and needs no coding. Why not use that?

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds