Is there a way to avoid resetting of gcode line number on switching to auto mode

More
01 Dec 2019 05:53 #151631 by Reinhard
Hi,

I succeeded in implementing step from line command with a fake command sequence.
Now I realized, that on stop the taskmode changes to manual. When I switch back to auto mode, the line number from gcode is resetted to 0.
That is pretty poor.

For example: when I have to change inserts of a cutting head on a long running 3D-Operation, I need to jog from current cutpath to a position, where the tool can be removed.
After changing the inserts I like to continue the interupted task.
But ...
run from line is the only nml-command, where a line number can be transmitted.

I tried to exec run from line without movement in combination of taskabort, but it was not possible to restore line number.

Is there a configuration option or something similar I can use to avoid resetting of gcode line numer (motion line)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 09:24 #151643 by cmorley
IFAIK there is no way to stop reset of line current number.
You don't mention what screen you use - some are easier to customize then others.
The trick would be to record the current line before aborting.

Linuxcnc's behavior for restarting a program leaves much to be desired - but its a difficult problem to fix.

More
01 Dec 2019 11:52 #151651 by Reinhard
Hi Chris,

IFAIK there is no way to stop reset of line current number.

Oh, sad to read that.

You don't mention what screen you use

Hm, do you remember, that I'm working on an complete UI-app with java language? I have completed base functionality and I'm working on minor issues already.
But ...
... my UI-app is just a NML-interface without own intelligence, which means, it shows, what can be read from shared memory and writes commands as NML-messages. Command-response is read from shared memory. No planned way to break that rule.
The only intelligence of my UI-App is the tool-manager, which could serve as a master to CAM and linuxcnc.

OK, when there is no way to imped the backend resetting line number, I may have to add some intelligence to the UI-App.

Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks for your reply!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds