Hardware instead of linear rails

More
07 Dec 2019 15:19 #152259 by CNCFred
Dear all,
The easiest way for me was to use linear rails and thk wagons and rack and pinion, but the how to left many more questions.

Now I found the company Exoslide which has MODULAR LINEAR SLIDES FOR ALUMINUM EXTRUSION Projects.... Which uses a 20x20 aluminium profile.
Even they have upgrade kits for 3d printers which include brackets and ends for the idler pulley for a belt on one side and a stepper on the other side.
Which I think could be extended and adopted to be used and are far not that expensive like thk.

I post-it here for plasma design since I think it is precise enough.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2019 20:34 #152285 by tommylight
That will do for really small plasma but not for anything longer than 50 to 60Cm. The torch is heavy, the cable attached to it is heavy so you will get a lot of flexing on longer sections.
Up to 2.5M i use Bosch alu profile 90X45 plus HiWin HGR25 on it, for anything longer it needs braces or adding another profile.

More
07 Dec 2019 21:21 - 07 Dec 2019 21:22 #152294 by CNCFred

That will do for really small plasma but not for anything longer than 50 to 60Cm. The torch is heavy, the cable attached to it is heavy so you will get a lot of flexing on longer sections.
Up to 2.5M i use Bosch alu profile 90X45 plus HiWin HGR25 on it, for anything longer it needs braces or adding another profile.

That's what I am using at the moment. 90x45 and linear rails 20isch
Thx for the clarification!
Last edit: 07 Dec 2019 21:22 by CNCFred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Dec 2019 21:36 #152296 by tommylight
You are welcomed, always.
Forgot to mention, for lengths of up to 3m for plasma cnc, a metal square tube of 80X80X2 is much better as it is lighter ( and much cheaper ) and has enough rigidity to push it up to 50m/m with very high accelerations.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds