How do I control 3 axis with 1 dc motor...

More
26 Dec 2019 08:54 #153221 by newrock
Hello Masters.
1-) I have a union bhorwerk machine. In this machine, the x, z, b axes move from a single engine with gears.
How do I write hal file.

2-) There are hydraulic brakes on each axis. When the movement starts, first the brakes are unlock, the axes move after the signal is unlocked. how can I do that.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2019 23:06 #153336 by andypugh
This will definitely be a custom config.

The simplest approach would be to configure all joints as "LOCKING_INDEXER" then you could use the brake outputs to operate the brakes and to select the gears.

However it is currently an error if you set that up for a linear axis. I do not think that this is a reasonable limitation, and it should probably be removed.

Do you feel inclined to modify LinuxCNC and recompile to try out this change?

More
29 Dec 2019 01:19 #153384 by newrock
I tried, but does not work in x y z coordinates, I have to edit * .so for this, but I did not succeed.

More
06 Jan 2020 16:32 #154151 by andypugh

I tried, but does not work in x y z coordinates, I have to edit * .so for this, but I did not succeed.

I think you would need to edit the source files and compile, not the .so file.

But: I think that it might not be a problem with the 2.8 version. Which version are you using?

(I will try to remember to experiment tonight)

More
11 Jan 2020 15:03 #154615 by newrock
Thank you for answer, i use version 2.7.14. Did you try?
How can I change source files.
Thanks

More
11 Jan 2020 15:07 - 11 Jan 2020 15:07 #154616 by thefabricator03

Hello Masters.
1-) I have a union bhorwerk machine. In this machine, the x, z, b axes move from a single engine with gears.
How do I write hal file.

2-) There are hydraulic brakes on each axis. When the movement starts, first the brakes are unlock, the axes move after the signal is unlocked. how can I do that.

Thanks.

I am not going to be much help here but thanks for posting such a thought provoking question - It will be very interesting to see what the guys come up with!
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 15:07 by thefabricator03.

More
14 Jan 2020 00:28 #154794 by andypugh

Thank you for answer, i use version 2.7.14. Did you try?
How can I change source files.

I am afraid I have not had a chance to look at this. But it seems from discussion with other developers that the limitation of locking only applying to rotary axes is quite explicit.
More important might be that it also probably only works with G0 moves.

I did have a quick look to see if it was possible to turn feed-override to zero, switch axes and then continue, but doing that means that you can't tell which axis is meant to be moving.

All this is fixable with source-code changes, I suppose.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds