No Arc Detected

More
04 Jan 2020 18:59 #154011 by CNC32
No Arc Detected was created by CNC32
I am just testing out PlasmaC and I am using a Hypertherm 65 and a MESA 7i96 and a MESA THCAD 5 to control my plasma cutter. My settings are in this image
I tried to do a Single cut and when I pressed Start Cut it probed down went up to the price hight and struck the arc and held it for a few seconds then waited and tried again. This happened three times and it gave me this error
no arc detected after 3 start attempts program is paused.
When the arc was on I looked at my Arc Voltage and it said it was at 173V. The Arc OK single was not on. I have configured PlasmaC in mode 0 so all of the THC stuff is done by the MESA THCAD 5. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2020 19:10 #154012 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic No Arc Detected
Is the ArcOK signal from the Hypertherm wired to the 7I96?

More
05 Jan 2020 00:53 #154054 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic No Arc Detected
If you are using Mode 0 then you need to set "OK High Volts" and "OK Low Volts".

These are the minimum and maximum voltage levels to turn Arc OK on.

If you have a CPC port on your machine you would be better off using Mode 1 and connecting the Arc OK signal directly from the machine.

More
05 Jan 2020 04:27 #154075 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic No Arc Detected
I really think you are setting up for failure if you choose to use a synthesised acrOK signal when your machine has a real ArcOK signal. Sooner or later there will be a conflict becasue you think you have good arc and the machine knows it hasn't.

More
06 Jan 2020 20:29 #154170 by CNC32
Replied by CNC32 on topic No Arc Detected
I am know using the arc ok single from my plasma cutter and no longer have the problem.Thanks guys!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds