Spindle speed shows true with axis

More
09 Jan 2020 19:07 #154467 by Clive S
linuxcnc 2.7.15 using a PPort

I have fitted a 64 slot disc to a small lathe. the spindle runs at the correct speed in the display up to 4000 rpm as verified with a tachometer.

The spindle is controlled via a standalone pot and push buttons.

The speed display always shows green even at startup.. What am I missing for it to start red and when near the commanded speed turn green ? ie for use in a threading cycle.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_pos...1-09.hal
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: lathe.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: lathe.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custompane...1-09.xml
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2020 20:46 #154487 by cmorley
Either you missed some HAL files to show us (like maybe custom_postgui.hal) or you don't have the near component connected. (I can't see any pin driving the signal spindle-at-speed)

Another point: the LED will be green when the spindle is off because it is at the commanded speed. To change that would require a custom component.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
09 Jan 2020 23:10 #154498 by Clive S

Either you missed some HAL files to show us (like maybe custom_postgui.hal) or you don't have the near component connected. (I can't see any pin driving the signal spindle-at-speed)

Another point: the LED will be green when the spindle is off because it is at the commanded speed. To change that would require a custom component.

Thanks for the rapid response.

The custom_postgui.hal is in the above list of files.
You are of course correct in that I don't have a near component I will try and work that one out.

Yes I now see that the green led should be on when the spindle is off.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds