XXYZ Gantry on parallel ports

More
07 Apr 2020 07:03 #163025 by CFE
Hi Gents,

I have setup our plasma cutter and was attempting to run it, but ran into trouble, the PlasmaC configurator hang up and I couldn't reconfigure the setup (quite frustrating really).

Anyway, I have 2 parallel ports and stepper drivers all hooked up and can turn all the motors, using the stepconf wizard, so far so good. But I want to drive 2 motors on the X-axis, so I added joint 1 to the the x-axis part in the ini file. But how to connect the joint signals in the hal file ? I can't seem to find any clear information or an example hal file that runs 2 motors on a single axis. Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

Cheers, Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 07:23 #163027 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic XXYZ Gantry on parallel ports
So you need a seperate step generator for each motor. We don't run more than one motor (or joint) a single stepgen.

Then the two Y axis joints have HOME_SEQUENCE = -1 in your ini file
Depending on your wiring, you may need to set STEP_SCALE on one jjoint to a negative value so it goes the right way.

IN the main docs, there is a chapter on Homing Configuration that has just been updated whhch covers it all. Make sure you read the right version (eg 2.8 or 2.9) for your config.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds