Linuxcnc phantom switch

More
30 May 2020 15:52 #169426 by anfänger
Hi folks,

my machine won't power up cause it's telling that xis 2 is at it's limit.
but it isn't. All limit switches are working and free.
the machine has run before.
so i have two questions.
first: is it possible to tell linuxcnc to powrs on the machine with tripped limits?
second: any one an idea whats wrong?

thanks Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2020 16:01 #169427 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Linuxcnc phantom switch
On axis GUI, under the homing button, there is "ignore limits", click on it and enable the machine.
To check the switches, open "machine" > "show hal configuration" chose "show" on the right side and find the input pins on the left side and click on them, then manually toggle the switches and check if the LED's change state.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
30 May 2020 16:38 #169431 by anfänger
Replied by anfänger on topic Linuxcnc phantom switch
Thanks, I already checked with halshow they are all good. Actually I also have Hal leds do see all my switches which can trigger e stop. They are all good.

I use probe basic. Which seems to miss this

More
30 May 2020 17:04 #169432 by anfänger
I changed Hal to make sure it is a software problem. But it is a hardware one. My limit switch very shortly opens when I power on the machine. The halscope helped to figure it out

Thanks for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 May 2020 17:07 #169433 by tommylight
In that case, you might want to talk directly to the developers on IRC
webchat.freenode.net/#linuxcnc
that is for Linuxcnc,
webchat.freenode.net/#hazzy
This is for probe basic. Do not use a password, just type a nicname, preferably the same as in forum.

More
30 May 2020 17:15 #169435 by tommylight

I changed Hal to make sure it is a software problem. But it is a hardware one. My limit switch very shortly opens when I power on the machine. The halscope helped to figure it out

Thanks for your help.

You are welcomed,
That is an interference issue, so you might want to check the grounding first, change the socket where the machine is plugged, make sure switch wires and input wires do not go in parallel with motor or spindle wires, if you have a spindle some ferrite filters might help especially on the power input wires and on the spindle motor wires.

More
03 Jun 2020 06:00 #169913 by anfänger
It is an retrofit of an machining center. The wiring is quite good and all servo an spindle wires are shielded. AT the moment I run without this limit switch and replace it as soon as I find replacement.

If I may as another question. Is there a halpin for ignoring limits or is it something you have to dig deeper into the vcp?
Cause my machine has a Key for starting with no limits, but it actually just a switch. I could use Hal logic to overwrite the limit switches. But maybe there is something ready to use in LinuxCNC.

Thanks Patrick

More
03 Jun 2020 07:56 #169915 by bbsr_5a
Replied by bbsr_5a on topic Linuxcnc phantom switch
Du solltest dir sicher sien das keier der Limitswitches warscheinlich sind es induktive beschädigt ist
ich habe ein Freund bei dem sind ständig wegen den 30V auf den induktiven bei bestimmten eilgangverhältnissen die günstigen teile defekt

Es bietet sich an wenn der Controller genügend eingänge hat jedem switch was eigenes zu gönnen

und lösche die VAR und BAK.var mal aus dem Maschinenordner

More
03 Jun 2020 08:11 #169919 by anfänger
Ich habe es sehr genau eingegrenzt es ist der Limit der Zachse.
Die Schalter sind alle einzeln verdrahtet. Das fiese ist ja das er nach ner weile wieder geht, deswegen habe ich den Fehler lange nicht gesehen. Es sind mechnaniche Schalter. Ich glaube die Dinger nennen sich Reihenpositionsschalter. Ich werde mir da mal Ersatz besorgen. Der Jetzt da drin ist ist von 89 könnte also sein, dass der nen hau weg hat. Momentan habe ich ihn zum testen überbrückt, will das aber nicht auf Dauer so lassen. Dummerweise sind die Dinger Nichthandeln billig.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds