Custom signal output on LINUXCNC

More
05 Jun 2020 21:08 #170279 by justAkid
I'm not very familiar with linuxcnc yet. I am in the progress of building a BLDC driven 5-axis CNC machine (I know it's not going to be easy, but its a challenge I'm willing to take on). Together with cycloidal reducers and a closed-loop system that uses absolute encoders feedback for a PID loop, I'm hoping to achieve some degree of accuracy.

As far as I know, linuxcnc doesn't have a native signal output for BLDC motors, it rather uses the step/dir interface (I've also seen servo's being used with signal output in degrees).

I would like to write my own piece of code so linuxcnc can interface with my custom BLDC controller. My question is: where do I start, which part of the documentation is relevant for this? I've looked around, but I'm not sure if it's before the trajectory planner or HAL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
07 Jun 2020 14:07 #170482 by Todd Zuercher
What kind of control signal does your custom BLDC controler use?

Step/dir signals are just one of many control signals Linuxcnc is capable of generating. In fact it wasn't even one of Linuxcnc's original control methods (I believe Analog and PWM servo controls came first.)

More
07 Jun 2020 15:23 #170494 by bbsr_5a
hi

for a 5th axis build it is nessusary to start on a given CAM
this is the one and only issue to be build
if you cand controll it after the build it is useless

THE BEST to go for is setting a XYZ mashine on top of a AC or BC depending on where the user stands

some inspiration
postprocessor.su/machine_models_eng.html

More
07 Jun 2020 15:30 #170496 by cmorley
Is this helpful?
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/bldc.9.html

HAL is the thing to know for physical interfacing hardware.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds