Touch Off not Zeroing Display on A and B axis

More
22 Jun 2020 05:53 #172300 by schmidtmotorworks
I am trying again to set up the 4th and 5th axis on my MVJR 3 (would be) 5-axis CNC.

I am having very little success at getting controlled motion out of the rotary axis.
I have had a little slow responding motion (P was very low) from the a axis, then a sudden jump of 30 degrees.

But for the most part, when I turn the servos on, I get a high pitched whine and within about 20 seconds the servo drive will error out.
Turning the dial for the A axis changes the pitch of the whine sometimes a little motion, mostly the servo drive just errors out.

I noticed one clue that I hope will lead to something setup incorrectly.
When I do the Touch-off to zero the A or B axis, the number doesn't change.
It does change for X,Y and Z axis.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause the Touch-off not to work, only on some axis?

Thanks
JTS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 09:42 #172311 by Aciera
Please attach your config files.

More
22 Jun 2020 20:28 - 22 Jun 2020 20:29 #172394 by schmidtmotorworks
Thanks for asking, here are the ini and hal files.

The X Y and Z axis work reasonably well. Not quite as smooth as OEM, but good enough to use.

The A and B, I have never been able to get them working properly.

Best Regards

JTS

File Attachment:

File Name: 5i23ss_2020-06-22.ini
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: hm2-servos...6-22.hal
File Size:32 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jun 2020 20:29 by schmidtmotorworks.

More
23 Jun 2020 04:41 - 23 Jun 2020 04:43 #172420 by schmidtmotorworks
I made some progress today.

I think the mistake I made was that I reduced the acceleration to a very low number (less than 1) thinking that it would be safer as I was having some unexpected jumps that were a consequence of a reversed input scale.
So I increased the acceleration and now I have some motion.
I don't know if there is a connection, but the Touch Off started working after changing that.

Now I have some motion but it is quite slugish on the A and B axis.
I know it is capable of very fast motion because of the jumps that occurred previously.
Those happened with the P probably around 10, I don't remember for sure but that is probably where I would start considering that all the other axis have a P between 50 and 125.

When I try to raise P above 1 for either of the rotary axis I get growling and vibration. I don't recall having this situation with the other axis.

So I am trying to figure out what else could be causing the growling besides the P?

Now that I am home I am thinking that perhaps I should have tried loosening the dead band from 0.00001 to something like 0.001.

And then trying to raise the P.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2020 04:43 by schmidtmotorworks.

More
23 Jun 2020 07:18 #172433 by tommylight

More
24 Jun 2020 07:44 #172537 by Aciera
You have set your velocity for the rotational axis to 1. That is 1 degree per second and that is sluggish.
I have set mine to
MAX_VELOCITY = 120.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 800.0

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds