Teknic I/O and motion controller

More
01 Jul 2020 19:01 #173332 by Sierevello
Received this today from Teknic: www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/

Wonder if it would work with Linixcnc?

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2020 19:17 #173333 by tommylight
I do not think so, it is a controller and so is LinuxCNC.
Maybe it can be made to work, but would require some coding, maybe a lot.
BTW there is an error on their wiring diagrams where it says it is connected to a USB port but the picture shows it connected to the ethernet port on the controller side.

More
02 Jul 2020 08:14 #173384 by rodw
Many of these sorts of things are designed for industrial use and not CNC (which is a relatively small market by comparison). You need to use their SD motors for CNC (step and direction)

More
09 Jul 2020 18:45 - 09 Jul 2020 21:30 #174121 by Teknic_Servo
Hi Steve,

I am an applications engineer at Teknic and would like to clarify/expand upon some of the points made in this forum.

ClearCore is a programmable, industrial I/O and motion controller which can directly control 4 axes of motion (servo or stepper) via digital step and direction outputs and also has 13 configurable I/O points.

However, ClearCore is not a native CNC controller – the step/dir signals it produces are targeted for machines that primarily do “point-to-point” motion (the path through space is not important). ClearCore is not optimized to create these complex multi-axis contoured paths or interpret G-Code.

On the other hand, Teknic's integrated ClearPath SD (Step and Direction) motors are excellent for CNC machines. ClearPath SD (both the SDSK and SDHP) series directly interface (via step and direction signals) to CNC Controllers such as LinuxCNC.

Also, I would like to mention that the wiring diagram error has been fixed and can be found here . Thank you for pointing that out.

I hope this helps clarify the features and capabilities of ClearCore. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or call us to speak directly to an engineer.

-Ian R. -Teknic Servo Systems Engineer
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 21:30 by Teknic_Servo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skench, tommylight, rodw, hilo90mhz

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds