Working racktoolchanger

More
30 Jul 2020 09:25 #176487 by bevins
Anyone have a working racktoolchanger code online that I can look at?

I don't mean the one in the sim..... I would like to see the code for one that is being used daily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2020 13:05 #176502 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Working racktoolchanger
Here is everything regarding rack tool changer on LinuxCNC site, maybe there is something useful there.
www.google.com/search?ei=SMUiX52PNYnzgQa...4KA30Q4dUDCAs&uact=5

More
30 Jul 2020 13:43 #176516 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Working racktoolchanger

Here is everything regarding rack tool changer on LinuxCNC site, maybe there is something useful there.

WOW, that's cool. didn't know you could do that....lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 Jul 2020 15:12 #176527 by tommylight

WOW, that's cool. didn't know you could do that....lol

Yeah, just search for "google hacking" on google, plenty of such tips.

More
30 Jul 2020 17:51 - 30 Jul 2020 17:52 #176547 by bevins
Yeah, there's no configs online that I can find. the sim one will probably work but I don't know that rs274 int language it uses...

Tempted to do it in python but I don't want to fall into the rabbit hole again....

The thing I don't like about the racktoolchange in the sim is it doesn't check for actual tool_in_spindle or wait for that signal to go high.
The other thing is I only see locations for picking up tool and not dropping off which is two separate gcode locations.

Guess I will try and mess with it and see if I can get it working and figure out how it works that way. kind of dangerous. but......

Would like to understand it all before I send that hunk of expensive metal off to change some tools....
Last edit: 30 Jul 2020 17:52 by bevins.

More
30 Jul 2020 18:08 #176550 by dm17ry
Replied by dm17ry on topic Working racktoolchanger
i've done kinda rack tool changer in g-code. i'm not using M6 because i found no way to implement two "spindles". hacked linuxcnc a bit to extend persistent parameters range to include #5171, #5172 which i use to hold the tool-in-spindle number (nozzle in my case), so it doesn't forget it between sessions. overall it was pretty straight-forward...

nozzle_pick.ngc, nozzle_drop.ngc
github.com/yur7aev/linuxpnp/tree/master/configs/pnp/macros

in action:

More
30 Jul 2020 19:24 - 30 Jul 2020 19:25 #176559 by bevins
WOW, that thing is fast.

I cant follow your structure.

So you are running the ngc files from gcode? You modified the PP? I don't really want to do that.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2020 19:25 by bevins.

More
30 Jul 2020 19:41 #176562 by tommylight
I have seen that video on youtube a while back and i was impressed, now i see it again and again i am impressed ! :)

More
30 Jul 2020 20:00 #176564 by dm17ry
Replied by dm17ry on topic Working racktoolchanger
i have 4 pockets in the rack. which are basically tools. when i need to change a nozzle i call

o<nozzle_pick> call [head] [tool]

where head is 1..2, and tool is 1..4 in my case. the subroutine checks is there's a nozzle already mounted (#5171 or #5172 param). if there is, it places it back to its pocket. then it pick up a new one from [tool] pocket, saving the number into persistent param.

if i had only one head, i would just remap M6 to do exactly the same with

T<tool> M6

tommylight: i've screwed the the shelf to the wall solidly with a couple of hefty steel tubes since then, probably now i can go faster ;)

More
30 Jul 2020 21:01 #176565 by bevins

i have 4 pockets in the rack. which are basically tools. when i need to change a nozzle i call

o<nozzle_pick> call [head] [tool]

where head is 1..2, and tool is 1..4 in my case. the subroutine checks is there's a nozzle already mounted (#5171 or #5172 param). if there is, it places it back to its pocket. then it pick up a new one from [tool] pocket, saving the number into persistent param.

if i had only one head, i would just remap M6 to do exactly the same with

T<tool> M6

tommylight: i've screwed the the shelf to the wall solidly with a couple of hefty steel tubes since then, probably now i can go faster ;)

I have done some M6 remaps with python, but I just dont get this bizarre language. Which is shy I went with python. but that has its limitations and issues. This is a customers machine 2 hours away and I dont want to make trips every other week...lol

I am looking at the racktoolchange in the sim but it doesn't make sense to me. Its got the put and get in the same o routine and the z's are different in both instances not to mention the X.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds