How to configure?: Manual gear change for Closed Loop Lathe Spindle 0-10V

More
07 Aug 2020 20:54 - 07 Aug 2020 20:55 #177652 by denhen89
Hello,
my Lathe project is almost done. Just some body work has to be done (putty & paint), order a multifix and thats almost it (added some pictures of my lathe), but there is one thing that i am not able to get done by my self: Manual gear change to scale the 0-10 Analog output. for the second gear.
The spindle runs now in closed loop almost perfectly thanks to some forum users, but i have a second gear (low 1:8) which has to be changed manually (in future i want to automate it), with a lever on the headstock. The VFD is controlled with 0-10v analog signal.
Speeds:
1:1 : 190 - 1480 rpm
1:8 : 0 - 189 rpm
*I have added my .HAL and .INI file

What i would like to have:
1. E.g. 3 Buttons in Gmoccapy where i can select the ratio: (1:1 , neutral , 1:8) No to sure if neutral is good to have, but physically it exists
2. A pop up message to change gear and confirm it when e.g. 1:1 gear is active, but speeds below 190 rpm are needed.
3. Error message something like "wrong gear active" when speed cannot be reached.

I am not sure if i should use the gearchange component : linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/man/man9/gearchange.9.html
In case its perfect for this, then i will still need help for sure. I hope you help me over the finish line. Its the last control related thing i need to get done.

Thanks in advance.
Br, Denis

Here are some picture:
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 20:55 by denhen89.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2020 07:16 #178076 by tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds