Maho mh600e strange x axis

More
11 Aug 2020 16:05 #177906 by Onkelmat
there is a certain spot on the x axis travel where the axis jerks and produces an following error.

The spike is sometimes sharp and sometimes it stays flat on top and comes back to zero after 1 second.

Had the same problem with the original philips 432 control
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2020 16:26 #177908 by Henk
Replied by Henk on topic Maho mh600e strange x axis
Have you checked the linear scale?

More
11 Aug 2020 16:36 #177909 by Onkelmat
Replied by Onkelmat on topic Maho mh600e strange x axis
Iam on it right now. I've marked the spot and I'll try to check if I can see something without taking it out of the machine.
Its alot of work

More
11 Aug 2020 17:33 #177913 by Onkelmat
Okay, problem seems to be solved.
I ve given the linear scale a good amount of break cleaner right into its guts and ive fiddled the cable isolation to the housing of the exe card. Isn't well done there. One of these solved the problem so far. I will investigate.

But at least new scales are 70€ instead of maho used one for 400€

More
11 Aug 2020 17:56 #177915 by Onkelmat
okay, problem not solved. Only helped for 15 minutes.

More
11 Aug 2020 18:49 #177922 by tommylight
Brake fluid does not go into linear scales, there are electronics inside that will be messed up in a day or two.
You should have also checked the cable by moving the table to the spot where the issue is present and check the scale cable where it is bended, that is the spot that the broken wire will be.

More
12 Aug 2020 11:57 #178031 by RotarySMP
Here are the instructions I used to clean my scales...
blog.repairzone.com/cleaning-heidenhain-linear-scales/
Mark

More
13 Aug 2020 23:16 #178146 by Onkelmat
I´ve taken the scale out again and filled the whole scale with isopropanol and gave it 20 seconds heavy shaking.
The smears i could see before were gone after that. After reinstalling i got no readout at all :D
I´ve checked again if there is only one dead spot. Whole way was dead, no reading at all.
I´ve then removed the spacer that came with the old scale and that solved the problem.

Somehow the replacement scale did not work at it´s best with the old spacers from the original scale.
So the scale went like 1,5mm closer to the table and it works.

More
14 Aug 2020 17:42 #178199 by chris@cnc
Hello,
installing a scales should be done very carefully. The distance between head and scale 1mm is very important. (See picture for tool) And it should also be straight on 10-20µ. The optical scales from heidenhain are very robust. But you can't do that with any other manufacturer. A magnetic scale is definitely scrap afterwards. Be careful, the things should also measure precisely otherwise you will have even more problems.
Attachments:

More
01 Sep 2020 07:34 #180267 by Onkelmat
I don´t know what´s with other brands but the Heidenhain are ok with 0,1mm deviation on 600m travel in vertical and the machine itself is parallel.

Inside the scale the head is guided with alot of bearings and the head itself is swimming freely in their held by two springs that have about 3 mm travel each. But it seems like the Heidenhein doesn´t like to be out of alignment too much.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds