CoreXY questions

More
28 Aug 2020 16:12 #179855 by oddwick
CoreXY questions was created by oddwick
Just a couple of quick corexy questions...

i am getting to do a rebuild of my laser which is currently xyy magic z setup and i am really wanting to go corexy. i have a 3d printer i built a while ago and i love the speed and accuracy of it and since my laser has virtually no load, i figured corexy would be the way to go. and it gets rid of a stepper and driver which should make the build a little more simple

1) i have read about some of the issues people have had with corexy and linuxcnc, so overall how well is it supported in 2.8/9? and reliability? or is it more of experimental or proof of concept type of thing?

2) any special hardware requirements? it will be running on open loop 0.9ยบ steppers on a 7i96 and it will be ran fast. even as it sits now i run super fast, and with even less mass on the x axis i plan on going even faster.

3) and finally, most importantly -- squaring. is it possible to run dual y homing switches and square up in software, or am i back to manually adjusting things again?

also, any general advice or gotchyas i need to be on the lookout for? thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2020 18:15 #180207 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic CoreXY questions
1. If it is the reliability of the Core XY in LinuxCNC, the simple answer would be: if it works = it will work.
LinuxCNC is much more reliable than all industrial controls running on windows.
2. no. I did run a plasma gantry at 55m/m and at 5000mm/s/s acceleration, all 23 KG of it with two Nema23 stepper motors, short ones.
3. yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds