Homing is "malfunctioning"

More
16 Sep 2020 19:32 #182458 by Aldenflorio
Everything worked fine last night. but today when I booted everything up and went to home my machine Joint 1, which is a tandem of joint 2 both making up the y-axis, would go to home, trip the limit switch but then when it was suppose to back off it would go farther crashing into the limit switch. I'm using limit switch as a shared home. Joint 0 and 2 home properly.

I'm not super familiar with all of this but I know the basics, so I though it may be that the home_latch, or offset direction were the issue, but when I put a "-" in front of them I still had the same problem

I have Plasmac configured
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2020 21:00 #182474 by Mike_Eitel
I would have a look on the direction signal of the according motor driver.

More
16 Sep 2020 21:22 #182475 by Aldenflorio
I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean the direction the motors travel and if they go in sync then they do. They both drive the gantry to the switches. It’s only when they trip the switches that joint 1 starts moving in the wrong direction

More
16 Sep 2020 21:47 #182476 by tommylight
From your ini file:
[JOINT_1]

HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -1.166667
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.316667

[JOINT_2]

HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -1.166667
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0.316667
Remove the - from the joint 1 home latch velocity.

More
16 Sep 2020 22:40 #182477 by Aldenflorio
It’s working somehow now... I left it off for a while and now it’s working. Though I rebooted it several times before posting this to try and solve the issue. Not sure but whatever it’s working now

More
17 Sep 2020 08:53 #182520 by Mike_Eitel
Have a look on your cabling. If you have a problem with the direction signal for that motor you will get exactly such behaviour. And if it is f.x. a loose screw you will never know when that happens again..

More
17 Sep 2020 11:54 #182530 by Aldenflorio
Yeah I’ll look into it farther. Thank you

More
18 Sep 2020 06:03 - 18 Sep 2020 06:07 #182613 by shadab
Replied by shadab on topic Homing is "malfunctioning"
You can always check the limit switch output with the HALMETER app, it's in the machine drop down menu in Axis GUI. When the switch is actuated it should always show 'TRUE', otherwise it should be false. And also keep the switch pressed/actuated and see whether the HALMETER output stays at 'TRUE'.

[edit]
You can also check the 'HOME SWITCH LOCATION', after the homing sequence is completed this distance is taken as the offset from the limit switch. Make sure that this location is away from the limit switch, you may need to change the sign of this Value.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 06:07 by shadab.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds