Z-Height Problems

More
28 Sep 2020 20:06 #184205 by Limo
Z-Height Problems was created by Limo
Hello,
I am pretty new to linux cnc and I have problems with an inconsistent z-height. When I am milling my cutter the z-height noticeable varies through the operations, even though it is the same tool. I do my tool changes manually and unrepeatable (collet chuck). Also, I am stuck with one tool because if I would add another then my z-height is just completely messed up, even though I set my Zero again for my machine. For Cam I am using Fusion360 with the EMC2 Postprocessor. And i will attach my configuration files to this post. Thank you in advance, and sorry because my english isnt so good.

File Attachment:

File Name: MyMachine_...9-28.ini
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: MyMachine.txt.hal
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2020 20:56 #184212 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Z-Height Problems
First thing to do is to check for mechanical issues on the Z axis, then check if the drive and the motor have enough power to move the Z axis up, then check the timings in LinuxCNC regarding step and dir values and set them to 500 for step space and step length and 20000 for dir setup and dir hold.
For the mechanical stuff also check if the collet is keeping the end mill in its place by measuring the length before and after a job. Also during work, there should be no noticeable vibrations besides the ones for cutting, so if the whole machine is vibrating lower the feed rate.

More
28 Sep 2020 21:42 #184219 by Limo
Replied by Limo on topic Z-Height Problems
Thank you for your advise, i have also considerd some mechanical issues (open loop system), but i am pretty sure that these are not the reason for my problems, because when i was milling some gcode multiple times, it always ended up on the same bottom height on the cut, but the corresponding heights in the gcode were off. For example the contour operation was 1mm deeper than a bore, but in software they both should have ended up un the same plane. But when i have acces to my machine again i will definitly check your given points. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds