Controlling the Spindle using a Haunyang VFD and TB6560 Breakout Board

More
05 Oct 2020 20:31 #185003 by Shaypo
Hi guys,
I want to apologize in advance for any English mistakes, and also thanks all repliers.

Right now, I'm at the final stages of making my DIY CNC works.
the only thing that I cannot wrap my head around, is controling and configuring the Spindle and the VFD.
as mentioned in the title, I'm using Haunyang VFD and TB6560 Breakout Board, with a 2.2 KW water cooled spindle.
I have already wired the VI and ACM from the VFD to the 0-10V and common on the BOB, and the FOR and DCM to the Relay.
If this is not the correct wiring, I would like you to correct me.
When I started researching on the linuxcnc configuration of the spindle, I got lost in a sea of documentation and .hal files suggestions.
I am not a developer or an EE and it is difficult for me to do this final stage.
Could you please just help me understand how do I fill the Spindle attributes at the Stepconf Wizard and what .hal files should I add?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2020 21:56 #185647 by tommylight
Could you provide the manuals for both of them ?

More
19 Oct 2020 20:30 - 19 Oct 2020 20:31 #186616 by Shaypo
Thank you for your time.
As it turns out, the problem has nothing to do with the VFD and it's probably about installing the PCI on linux.
I bought this PCIe: www.gold-touch.net/product/pcie-card-1port-parallel/
after a few days of trying to install it and making it control my TB6560 (Manual: ekladata.com/pAsj8QbClJezlB3jbgzQV7LEYoA...-Set-User-Manual.pdf), I still couldn't make it work.
I'm using Debian Wheezy 2.7 as linuxcnc distro.
I'm able to control the motors directly through the TB6560 screen but not through linuxcnc.
How do I install the PCIe correctly? how can I check if I did?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Last edit: 19 Oct 2020 20:31 by Shaypo.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds