Inhibit Homing on 2.7

More
22 Oct 2020 13:15 #186896 by rapht0r
Hello dear LinuxCNC Community,

Raphael from Germany here. I have the following question:

The machine (mill) I'm working on has an enclosure with a locking door. So far i figured out how to keep the door locked while anything moves (motion.current-vel or motion.requested-vel are nonzero, the VFD reports a spinning spindle, the motion.spindle-on pin is on, a programm is running by checking halui.program-idle or any of the axes is being homed (axis.N.homing)).
Also opening the door will set motion.feed-inhibit and motion.spindle-inhibit (and motion.feed-hold, though I'm not sure if thats necessary) to "TRUE". I thought that would inhibit any motion, however the homing sequence does not honor the feed-inhibit.
Thus, starting a reference sequence while the door is open is possible. I'd like it to not do the homing sequence while the door is open or unlocked

I noticed that motion 2.8 has a pin motion.homing-inhibit or something rather.
Is a similar functionality also available in 2.7?

Apologies for my bad english and thanks in advance!

Raphael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2020 21:15 #187132 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Inhibit Homing on 2.7
machine-is-enabled
that will inhibit everything and disable the drives, or is there any reason for not using that?

More
25 Oct 2020 07:52 #187173 by rapht0r
Replied by rapht0r on topic Inhibit Homing on 2.7
Hi, thanks for your reply!
I think i should hive a bit more info about the machine. It's a servo machine and i decided to use the G320X drives. Thus there is no posiotion feedback to LCNC. Also the axis can be pushed around with enough force. As a consequence of those two things i set the VOLATILE_HOME = TRUE in the .ini file. So disabling the drives every time the door is open would also unhome the machine.
I like the idea however..but i dont think i'll be able to to it that way unfortunately.

More
25 Oct 2020 08:14 - 25 Oct 2020 08:14 #187176 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Inhibit Homing on 2.7
probably a more correct method for all your safety features would be to use estop-latch and build an estop chain in hal. Its not documented well but this is possible.

An example.
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 25 Oct 2020 08:14 by rodw.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds