Limit/Home switches

More
05 Nov 2020 20:28 #188442 by Hippy
Limit/Home switches was created by Hippy
Didnt know where else to post this, so before i break out my sledgehammer and destroy all my micro switches figured i would try asking for advise here. I have a plasma table and it will not home, all it does is keep throwing active/ not active errors at whatever step in the homing process its at. I been trying to make it home for 2 days now. My cnc router that i run on linuxcnc has zero switches on it i just run it into the endstops to square it, seems way better then fighting this homing nightmare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2020 20:49 - 05 Nov 2020 20:49 #188443 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Limit/Home switches

Didnt know where else to post this, so before i break out my sledgehammer and destroy all my micro switches figured i would try asking for advise here. I have a plasma table and it will not home, all it does is keep throwing active/ not active errors at whatever step in the homing process its at. I been trying to make it home for 2 days now. My cnc router that i run on linuxcnc has zero switches on it i just run it into the endstops to square it, seems way better then fighting this homing nightmare.

My crystal ball is broke as much as your switches.

How about starting by posting your hal and ini files.

Some pics would help as well. How are they actually connected ?
Last edit: 05 Nov 2020 20:49 by Clive S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeagleBrainz

More
05 Nov 2020 22:31 #188453 by Hippy
Replied by Hippy on topic Limit/Home switches
I got it figured out had to run into the switch at a higher speed to make it overshoot slightly, then it can run its routine. Before i was easing into the switch and it stopped to soon after tripping it.

More
05 Nov 2020 23:07 #188460 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Limit/Home switches

I got it figured out had to run into the switch at a higher speed to make it overshoot slightly, then it can run its routine. Before i was easing into the switch and it stopped to soon after tripping it.

That is not the way to do it.

It should run into the switch then back off a small amount the come back to the switch very slow then back off a small amount to the home position

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-homing.html

But its your machine.

More
15 Nov 2020 18:22 #189469 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic Limit/Home switches
Maybe not related, but I had similar problems with microswitches not triggering and causing crashes into endstops while homing. It was not an issue of not going past the detent, they just didn't make contact. I removed them all and replaced them with hall effect sensors. Homing works perfect now.
Jim

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds