Is it possible multi chanel or multi path motion controll with linuxcnc

More
25 Nov 2020 11:50 #190253 by yrsiddhapura
Hello LCNC community is it possible with inuxcnc to control motion in multi Chanel or path system I.e. multi spindle multi turret turning center works I want to built a turn mill center where I have a 2 turret in xyz coordinats and two spindles 1 static and 1 sub spindle like shown in below image.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2020 14:20 - 25 Nov 2020 14:26 #190259 by Aciera
Nice machine. LinuxCNC can control 9 axis simultaneously. It also has multi spindle support. The most difficult thing in my opinion will be that all of this has to be controlled in one Gcode program. So it will not be possible to run the two turrets completely independent. Meaning you can't do a rapid move with one and a feed move with the other at the same time. For the same reason there will be no possibility to display both the toolpaths on the screen.
Another possibility is to have two pc's running each an instance of linuxcnc. One drives the main spindle and the left turret and the other the tailstock spindle and the right turret. Here you could be say threading in the main spindle and parting in the right spindle. Synchronizing the two systems to work together when needed will be the challenge in this scenario. As you will have to write two separate gcode programs for the same setup and connect them using inputs and outputs that tell one instance of linuxcnc where the other is at and vice versa.

[edit]
I think it can actually control more than 9 axis but gcode is only setup to allow 9 axis control.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2020 14:26 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yrsiddhapura

More
30 Nov 2020 06:58 #190654 by rodw

[edit]
I think it can actually control more than 9 axis but gcode is only setup to allow 9 axis control.

I think its 9 axes but up to 16 joints (motors)

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds