NOVUSUN ethernet motion card with LINUX CNC?

More
23 Apr 2021 14:22 #206871 by mlw19mlw91
I found this somewhat attractive option but I'm not sure it's compatible with LINUXCNC. It is listed as a "3 Axis NVEM CNC Controller Ethernet MACH3 Motion Control Card for Stepper Motor"

I have not found any threads on the matter here, although I did seem to find some on CNCZONE but I never found whether it was successful or not.

It seems to be a good bit more for a mesa card, and I wouldn't mind to save a couple of bucks especially since I know this can be used with a MPG jog wheel, but if it's a huge headache I'll pass on the experience. I'm trying to control a 3 axis mill which might go 4 axis later on.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2021 14:47 #206875 by tommylight
Those exist for at least 3 years and they are not cheap by any stretch of imagination, last i checked 3 years ago it was at least 180$US, and that is Mesa 7i76 territory, close to Mesa 7i76E and over Mesa 7i96, and all of those have much more features and are 100% reliable even for industrial machines.

More
24 Apr 2021 01:13 #206915 by andypugh
Is it very cheap? Otherwise it would make more sense to use a currently-supported inteface.
Of course, if you want to write a driver, we would help, and incorporate it onto LinuxCNC.

More
01 May 2021 07:18 #207529 by MX_Master
Already tried to make fw/driver for this controller. Unfortunately, PCB wiring of the STM32F207VCT6 and output screw terminals is logically incorrect. We can't use hardware pulses counters/generators (STM32 TIMERs) for the fast and clean output/input. Only chance is software stepgen up to 200 kHz. It's nothing for the controller with cost 60-90$

More
19 Dec 2021 21:52 #229512 by scotta
Hi just wondering if you worked out the pin out for this board. I've ordered the 6 axis version and will try to get my Remora firmware working on it.

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/42276...rocontroller-via-spi

Remora is totally software step gen and encoder inputs so should work once I get ethernet up and going.

More
19 Dec 2021 22:06 #229513 by mlw19mlw91

Hi just wondering if you worked out the pin out for this board. I've ordered the 6 axis version and will try to get my Remora firmware working on it.

I have not bought one of these since earlier advice, but I am interested in buying one and working with it, if in any way I could help I'm all for it.  

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds