Max velocity

More
21 Aug 2021 18:22 #218338 by rschires
Max velocity was created by rschires
My small machine can't handle 120 ipm velocity. I have to keel dragging the slider back to between 60 and 70 ipm. How do I make a change in MyMill.ini to set max velocity that works for me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2021 19:19 #218340 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Max velocity
Display and traj sections in the ini file,

More
21 Aug 2021 20:32 #218345 by rschires
Replied by rschires on topic Max velocity
Doesn't really answer my question but did figure it out in those sections. Don't understand the relationship between 2.00 and 120 ipm. With some trial and error settled in on a setting of 1.34. Gives me 81 ipm. If I go higher the steppers over step. In reality I don't need .0005 resolution so could change from 1/2 step to full step. I just make wood gear clock parts and plastic repair parts. .001 resolution would be fine.

More
21 Aug 2021 20:42 #218347 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Max velocity
Sorry was on the phone and busy.
The values are in machine units per second in the ini file, so in your case they are in inches per second.
Ex. max_velocity of 1 would be 60 IPM.

More
21 Aug 2021 22:39 #218353 by rschires
Replied by rschires on topic Max velocity
Thanks for the info.
My little machine began it's life as a circuit board router. The engineers couldn't get it to work. Kept breaking the cutters. Z was two stage solenoid. The engineers weren't mechanical so it got stuffed in storage. I eventually got slated for the dumpster. I intercepted it , resigned Z to stepper drive. Made several other changes before finally putting it to use.
I'm retired so it's mostly for hobby projects and repair projects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds