T60 stepper driver and hss57 motor problems -Solved

More
15 Sep 2021 20:30 #220737 by Gordon49
I hope this is the correct forum but I have one of the T60 stepper drivers and motors but am having a great deal of trouble getting any response out of it.
The motor locks up when power is applied to the driver so that side is ok.
If I use a different driver the motor will move so the windings are probably ok.
The T60 driver shows a blinking green light at all times which means it is ready and has no faults.
But when a direction signal is sent from the BOB to the drive there is no response. If I change over the connections to a HSS57 driver and motor everything works fine.
The BOB is feed with a solid 12v supply and not the usual 5v from the usb connection. The signal cables show 5v signal at the step and direction terminals.
The minimum pulse signal for both the controllers is 7mA.
the step space and time are 500ns, direction hold 5000ns, direction setup 1000ns. These timings work fine with the HSS57 controller, so I would assume ok with the T60 as well.

I am now at a bit of a loss so any help gratefully received!!

thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2021 21:11 #220739 by PCW
500 ns for a step time is quite short, I would bump this up to at least 2500 ns
if you don't know the actual specifications and never use the minimum timings.

More
16 Sep 2021 06:22 #220767 by Gordon49
Thank you, I will try upping the timings tonight and report back

John

More
20 Sep 2021 07:31 #221174 by Gordon49
I tried all levels of timings but no joy, so went back to basics an unlike last time checked all the voltages on the machine as setup.  When I first tested the BOB voltages I used the USB connection as my 12v power supply lead was too short - mistake

With the BOB in question (details attached) you need both the 5v USB AND the 12/24v connections! I suggest using a common - terminal for the feed. Both mine are from the driving computer power supply.

As for the timings the HSS57 seems to operate at insane levels - during testing I tried step space and time are 10ns direction hold 100ns, direction setup 100ns and the HSS57 drivers were still reliable.  I did find some information on the HSS57 drivers with step timings and have attached them as well.

John
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds