Servo amplifier

More
26 Oct 2021 20:13 #224421 by tomekw7402
Servo amplifier was created by tomekw7402
Hello,
I have an ESAB UXD-P 1500 cutting machine, the servo motor controller/amplifier in it recently broke, I need to select a new controller for this machine. The servo is SCT M644/T, the machine is built in such a way that the encoder from the servo is connected to the machine controller, not to the servo driver as in most cases. As I am rather a beginner in this topic, I ask for advice on how to approach such a topic and what amplifier to choose. I will be grateful for any hints.
Thanks,
Tomasz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2021 23:12 #224443 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Servo amplifier
It needs to be velocity mode servo amplifier, most new drives can be used in velocity mode despite having encoder input, so that is one of the things to check after checking the voltage input and current required.
Pretty sure the motors are low power and if i am not mistaken powered by a 68V torroidal transformer, but do also check that as it was several years since i retrofitted one of those.

More
15 Dec 2021 18:05 #229152 by tomekw7402
Replied by tomekw7402 on topic Servo amplifier
Thank you for the hint, I found something like this: www.a-m-c.com/product/25a8/ The Servo is equipped with a tacho generator and the controller is powered by about 48V DC from a toroidal transformer. Is there a chance this will work? I met somewhere with the information that in such a situation it is difficult to choose the right driver ...

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds