Scale size of Axis interface bottons

More
05 Aug 2022 17:30 #249140 by Routerworks
I have been very comfortable with using the setup I get with the cnc wizard. However it would be helpful to me if there was a way of  increasing the screen size of some of the control buttons such as; xyz axis, homeall, touch off ets.  If there is a straight forward way to do this I would like to learn it.  Don't want to create major changes as I am quite satisfied the format functions.
Just upgraded to Wheezy V 2.8
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2022 02:05 #249171 by andypugh
I am going to assume that you are not the sort of monster who would consider running an LCD display at anything other than native resolution?

In which case I would guess that button sizes are set somewhere in axis.tcl, but I am too unfamilar with Tcl to be able to find where.

You might look at Gaxis, which is superficially similar to Axis but defined by a more editable GUI system.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/gscreen.html

More
06 Aug 2022 20:22 #249222 by Routerworks
Correct not that kind of monster.
I'll check our your link.

Thanks a lot.

More
08 Aug 2022 07:35 - 08 Aug 2022 07:38 #249327 by HansU
In case you want to optimize it for a touch screen, I would recommend to use linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/gmoccapy.html

Or you can get some inspiration from this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/40659-axis-2-...ersion-of-old-friend

Last edit: 08 Aug 2022 07:38 by HansU.

More
08 Aug 2022 15:16 #249348 by cakeslob
Hey, resizing the buttons is not very complicated. Have a read through these axis documents, they describe how it can be done. the example provided is for the toolbar buttons, but it can be done with the other buttons as well. The hardest part is at first when you are trying to figure out what button is what.

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/axis.html#_user_command_file

linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/axis.ht..._the_toolbar_buttons

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/atta...command_dark2INFO.py
You can find all the button names within this file, but I dont have it all labeled as to which ones are buttons. I will have to check when I am home from vacation, and I can post a clearer explanation, if you are still having issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds