I'm looking for someone good with Linuxcnc preferably in Oklahoma.

More
06 Sep 2022 16:46 #251324 by Mrclark
I have a CNC router that operates off linuxcnc. I would like to hire someone for tutoring with some of these things. I'm located in north central Oklahoma, would pay some travel cost I just don't want to pay someone from New York City to come to Oklahoma.
 Saving all my machine settings to a backup Drive.
 Setting up a tool changer.
 Possibly installing another axis for turnings.
 Tutoring on linuxcnc
Thanks Jeff
jeff at clarkwoodenproducts.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2022 18:48 #251332 by Todd Zuercher
Backing up and saving your machine configuration settings is super easy in Linuxcnc. Connect the drive media you wish to save the back up to, then using a file manager select and copy the Linuxcnc directory in your home directory and save it to your backup location.

Unfortunately setting up a tool changer is not a simple task. I would consider it an advanced machine integration topic.

Adding an axis, to a configuration is a much simpler task.

Did you set up your machine config that you have now yourself, or did you buy a pre fitted machine?

More
06 Sep 2022 18:54 #251334 by Mrclark
I purchased it using linuxcnc. It came with the computer. It was a Laguna and the person forgot to tell me that he changed it over to Linuxcnc.

More
06 Sep 2022 19:01 #251336 by Todd Zuercher
Unfortunately I'm in Ohio, so it isn't going to be practical for me to pay you a visit.

Does your router already have an ATC spindle? (ATC=automatic tool change) Or is this an upgrade you are considering?

More
06 Sep 2022 19:06 #251337 by tommylight
Personally i would consider it a bonus if the machine came with LinuxCNC, saves you the hastle of converting it.
As Todd elegantly put it, some stuff is very easy, as for the more complicated stuff we can help always, and if you have some spare time to read the forum you will quickly see that we help people fix machines all over the world, so distance is not an issue.
What might be the hardest part is having someone with a bit of time and willing to ask and read here, that is all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrclark

More
06 Sep 2022 19:07 #251338 by Mrclark
Yes it already has a air operated Chuck.. So right now I'm just going to push the button on the side that releases the chuck and slide another chuck in and release the button.

More
08 Sep 2022 00:57 #251454 by Todd Zuercher
Does the machine have a means of holding the waiting tools? Such as a rack or carousel.

More
19 Sep 2022 12:04 #252337 by Mrclark
The CNC router does not have a rack yet but I'm sure I can build it. I do have some of the brackets.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds