Material overview, wiring over view, and suggestions please

More
07 Sep 2022 21:25 #251442 by Aldenflorio
I have built two plasma machines, the first one because I wanted to do metal working and didn’t have enough money. I realized I could do a much better job, so I sold it and used that money to make a better table. But I wasn’t satisfied. I sold that one and I want to make a great table.

I’m attaching a spread sheet of the electronics, and hardware I am using or plan on using. I at the bottom there is a room for improvement number as well. Please feel free to download the spreadsheet and upgrade things within that number. I want to use better components but I’m not sure which sites are legit and which aren’t. I have most of my things from Amazon just because it’s fast.

along with that I have a VERY basic step by step of wiring for the machine. im Sure I messed up some places, and I don’t know what kind or fuses or resistors to use. So please feel free to edit that.

you can also of course drop your suggestions down below. Thank you!!!

docs.google.com/presentation/d/10AUt24bO...T53mwfOj9KA48qw/edit

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11eXPo2dd...rSzyX5pDd9XAxqk/edit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2022 23:25 #251449 by tommylight
Access denied on both! :)
Just the option of leaving a message there.

More
08 Sep 2022 02:09 #251459 by Aldenflorio
Okay, I’m trying to find a way to upload it

More
08 Sep 2022 10:03 #251475 by Aldenflorio
I think I fixed the links! Try again!

More
08 Sep 2022 16:35 #251506 by tommylight
Wiring diagram:
Page 5 power supply side wrong terminals, please do not wire Mesa boards to L and N terminals, ever.
Page 6 THCAD requires 5V to operate, not 12V, so wire this also to the encoder header on Mesa. Plasma pins 3 and 4 go to Mesa "spindle enable" output, not field outputs. To use field outputs a relay would be needed.
The rest looks ok as far as i can tell from a quick glance.

More
08 Sep 2022 18:03 #251512 by Aldenflorio
Oops that was a my bad. I fixed it. You can edit the slide and add comments to the spread sheet if you please.

i have 2 12V. The first is suppose to be field power. I have been told the more voltage you can send the proximity sensors the better bc it counteracts noise. The second is to power the fan, the board, thc, and the e-stop.

should I get a 5v and a 12v instead. Keeping the 12 for the proximity sensors and the fan, then using the 5v for the board and THC? Which should I wire the e-stop to?

do you have any suggestions on the spreed sheet? 

More
09 Sep 2022 10:24 #251541 by rodw
I'd probably use a mains powered fan as there are some nice industrial ones with matching vents..
the standard voltage to use is 24v. You only need about 2 amps. Small din rail mounted ones are nice and compact.
The THCAD can use 5v power from the Mesa card. There are pins with the encode to use for this.

More
09 Sep 2022 23:06 #251580 by Aldenflorio
What do you mean by main powered fan? I think I fixed the 5th slide, how does it look now?

any other suggestions on what I’m planning on buying? I have $700 to make sure everything is a good as I can get it. The links are on the spreadsheet. Please give everything a look over

More
10 Sep 2022 01:25 #251590 by rodw

What do you mean by main powered fan? I think I fixed the 5th slide, how does it look now?

Mains power = 240v AC here

Fans need a fair bit of power so it does not really make sense to run them off DC voltage as it just means you need a lot bigger power supply than otherwise required. Here is an industrial one I used.

Fan inside

Fan outside

Matching vent

Attachments:

More
10 Sep 2022 01:42 #251592 by Aldenflorio
What do you think about this one?

www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/ca...A4TByyEaAvQLEALw_wcB

would that require me to get another or separate power supply? What do you think about my other components in the google sheets? I would like to make the machine with the best components possible with my budget. The overall budget is 7k after taxes

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds