linuxcnc.report

More
12 Sep 2022 20:53 #251771 by JackB1
linuxcnc.report was created by JackB1
Hello all am running into a problem that I hope someone can help with. I have recently upgraded to LinuxCNC - 2.8.2 - Buster from 2.7.14 - Wheezy. Upon doing so I have performed Magic and made the LinuxCNC Configs Disappear. I know backup. I have a working Mill setup again. My problem is that when I go and try to add the files from Askjerry.info (to upgrade my mill with his pyvcp additions. When I follow his directions and then go to start the mill I get the attached errors. Could someone review these and maybe shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong. Thank you Jack B.   
P.S. I can send additional files like the stepconfig etc. if it would help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2022 02:33 #251786 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic linuxcnc.report
Unfortunately that doesn't mention the error. can you post an error message?
Running linuxcnc from the terminal usually gives more infornation.

More
13 Sep 2022 17:09 #251827 by JackB1
Replied by JackB1 on topic linuxcnc.report
Below is the info from the error screen that displayed when I went to start a session. It's the LinuxCNC Errors window. which states "LinuxCNC terminated with an error. When reporting problems blah blah blah etc." and then the info provided is displayed in a window within this Error popup. Remember that this is after I have followed the work done by Askjerry.info (aka Jerry Rutherford). Yes I have tried to contact him also. But, haven't heard back anything positive yet. Hope this may help? Thank you Jack B.

Debug file information:
Note: Using POSIX realtime
link (updating variable file): No such file or directory
note: MAXV max: 2.000 units/sec 120.000 units/min
note: LJOG max: 2.000 units/sec 120.000 units/min
note: LJOG default: 0.200 units/sec 12.000 units/min
note: jog_order='XYZ'
note: jog_invert=set()
custom_postgui.hal:23: Pin 'halui.spindle.is-on' does not exist

(gladevcp:4570): gtk-xfce-engine-CRITICAL **: 14:42:41.929: draw_box_gap: assertion 'height >= -1' failed
Stopping realtime threads
Unloading hal components
Note: Using POSIX realtime

More
13 Sep 2022 21:19 #251849 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic linuxcnc.report

custom_postgui.hal:23: Pin 'halui.spindle.is-on' does not exist

This file:
custom_postgui.hal
in line 23 refers to a non existing pin named
halui.spindle.is-on

More
12 Oct 2022 22:34 #254042 by JackB1
Replied by JackB1 on topic linuxcnc.report
Thank you for the direction to look. I apologize for taking so long to reply. I’m not entirely sure what I did to solve my original issue. I’m doing a reinstall of Linuxcnc 2.7.14 because it appears that the latest version “ ? Buster” does not use the RATI kernel. So, upon going back to what has worked in the past all appears to be good with the LinuxCNC installation and the PC itself. Now on to redoing all the changes that I have from Askjerry.info (aka. Jerry Rutherford) with his work on the aux panel in Axis. Again thank you.
Jack B.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds