Jogging at a certain angle (lathe mode)?

More
06 Sep 2023 11:49 #280092 by TurboStreetCar
This is super interesting for a retrofit im doing. Is there any instruction on how to install this into my config? It seems some of the Github links are broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2023 12:20 #280095 by TurboStreetCar
Found the sample config, When i run it i receive this message:

"anglejog: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/anglejog.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Dont see the anglejog.so file in the sample directory on github.

More
06 Sep 2023 13:01 #280098 by cornholio
I just did a build of a recent git pull of linuxcnc 2.9 and once built anglejog is included as is the samples.

More
10 Sep 2023 20:46 #280428 by TurboStreetCar
Can you grab that file and post it here so i can add it to my modules folder? Not sure if itll work, but its in a VM so im not really worried about breaking anything.

If that doesn't work, i guess ill have to reinstall linuxcnc at a newer version.

More
10 Sep 2023 20:56 #280429 by cornholio
I’m working on the Raspberry Pi so probably won’t be any good to you unless you’re using one as well.

More
10 Dec 2023 17:18 #287772 by TurboStreetCar
Had a chance to work on this a little bit.

I installed 2.9.1 and have access to the sample that works now. I guess it wasn’t included on the older version of LinuxCNC I was using.

Anyway, in my application, I have a lathe with two hand wheels.

In the “JOG” page the axis.jog-enable pins are true so the hand wheels are enabled to jog the axis.

I’d like to be able to press a button to enable the angle jog, but I believe I’ll have an issue with the axis.jog.enable.

If axis.jog-enable remains active, and I use a MUX to switch between the anglejog counts, and the handwheel regular jog counts, it will reposition the axis when the count change takes place.

The axis.jog-enable would need to be pulled false before the change from angle counts to straight handwheel counts occurs and re-enabled after.

Is there a good way to cycle the axis.jog-enable pin when switching between standard MPG movement and anglejog movement?

More
07 Jan 2024 12:05 #290080 by vmihalca
I have the same issue as you're describing. I have a lathe with 2 handwheels, I am using two angle jog components with the second one's angle being offset at 90 deg from the first one. This way I make sure that the movement of the X mpg is perpendicular to the movement of Z mpg.
However, when switching from normal jog to angle jog, the axes jump to a different position due to different jog counts. Have you managed address this issue?
The only idea that I have is to create a custom component based on the original anglejog, that takes two mpg inputs and handles internally this difference in the counts. But for now I don't feel comfortable in writing a new component, especially one that's this complex.
Let me know your thoughts and your latest findings.
Cheers,
Vasi

More
07 Jan 2024 12:10 - 07 Jan 2024 12:15 #290081 by vmihalca
How about when having two MPG's with movements shifted at 90deg from the other one? Would it make sense to use two angle jog components or to create a new component for that case? 
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 12:15 by vmihalca.

More
07 Jan 2024 12:12 #290082 by vmihalca
First of all, thanks for your awesome work!
I tried using your component but I am facing some issues, I would be grateful if you could give some directions.

I have a lathe with 2 handwheels, I am using two angle jog components with the second one's angle being offset at 90 deg from the first one. This way I make sure that the movement of the X mpg is perpendicular to the movement of Z mpg.
However, when switching from normal jog to angle jog, the axes jump to a different position due to different jog counts.

The only idea that I have is to create a custom component based on the original anglejog, that takes two mpg inputs and handles internally this difference in the counts. But for now I don't feel comfortable in writing a new component, especially one that's this complex.
Let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Cheers,
Vasi

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds