Linux CNC Input Pins Error

More
23 Dec 2022 21:50 #260176 by Stefan321
that means I have to adjust steplength and stepspace. Am I correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2022 21:51 #260177 by tommylight
Yes.

More
23 Dec 2022 22:03 #260179 by Stefan321
So if I set the steplengh and stepspace to 2000, I no longer have any errors and the controller no longer exits.

but do I lose something that important if I set the two to 2000?

I'm very interested in all things, I don't just want to set something, I also want to understand what I'm doing

More
23 Dec 2022 22:21 #260181 by tommylight
I noticed you want to know a lot of things and i had a reply ready for you, but i thought it might seem a bit to hard.
I will try to explain politely:
-Forget eding cnc, not the same thing, although i am not sure, had to deal with it only once, i did not like it, at all.
-give us more info, always, about everything you have or are trying to use, or whatever,
-settings can not be set to "something that was there", those must be correct and calculated/derived fro the parts in use.
So, more info.... ?
:)
Back to your question, no you do not loose anything by setting step timings at 2000, if the drives are OK with it.
-
Cheap drives use cheap optocouplers that mostly do not work reliably with such short step timings, all drives of good quality will work.

More
23 Dec 2022 22:45 #260183 by Stefan321
Well, I'll see if it goes well with it or not, I can't say yet.
but i understood what you mean. and thanks for all the help.

already had estlecam, but everything was incremental and getting back into a set was impossible.

mach3 wasn't much better long loading times for large programs. in addition, sometimes the axles go somewhere.

eding cnc was good and secure programming options medium I would say but no real time and therefore no encoder feedback.

I'm getting more and more enthusiastic about linux cnc, even if I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities and all the parameters
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Dec 2022 23:24 #260187 by tommylight

I'm getting more and more enthusiastic about linux cnc, even if I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities and all the parameters

That's the spirit and/or attitude. Just give it a bit of time and take it in small steps.

More
24 Dec 2022 00:02 #260193 by JPL
Replied by JPL on topic Linux CNC Input Pins Error

The board can generate step rates to 10 MHz but if you have say:

steplength = 5000
and
stepspace = 5000

(those are in ns)

That limits the minimum step period to 10 usec (5000 ns + 5000 ns),
which is an equivalent maximum step frequency of100 KHz.

Also note that PCW is right on point here. Having a look at eding info you will find that the max step freq is in fact 125khz for most of their boards except their (way too) expensive 'pro' CNC720 and CNC760.

See here: edingcnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/...Versus_CNC720_22.pdf

More
24 Dec 2022 00:18 #260196 by Stefan321
yes i know i had an ien 760 because i didn't want to do much programming myself and the board works fine too. but I would now like to record the glass scales in the system in order to be even more precise

i should have just decided on linux from the beginning but i had too much respect for all the programming now i'm here anyway

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds