Downgrading from 2.9 to 2.8.4 stretch

More
10 Mar 2023 17:44 #266308 by evengravy
So far servo jitter tops out at 25,000
On stretch the same machine gives solid servo of 5,000 or under. The main thing is does the NIC issue persist. Not sure, yet. Will update my other thread with that info to keep on topic.

forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/48377-7i96-issue-read-write

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2023 21:58 - 10 Mar 2023 21:59 #266341 by evengravy
I gave up on Debian 11 and installed the Buster 2.8.4 ISO on a new HDD. I am not sure if this solved my problem as both of my configs seems to not function. The router is probably easier to rectify, but I might have to update to 2.9.

For my router, I can not take it out of estop. Any chance someone could have a look to see what I am missing?

I'm not running a physical estop at the moment, but have one to wire in. I just can not understand why it isn't working as before (strange). The sims seems to go out of estop via software okay. Maybe I'm just missing obvious things with tiredness.

The lathe won't start at all (7i96 is throwing a debug error) but that one is running custom firmware from PCW so, I'll address that elsewhere.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2023 21:59 by evengravy.

More
10 Mar 2023 23:42 #266354 by evengravy
I've ended upgrading to 2.9 on buster, to see if I can sidestep some issues. I am using some functionality on the lathe not available in 2 8 (which I forgot about) single count encoder plus switch on homing. Thats where the custom firmware comes in. I will close this and work through issues as far as possible. Ill see in the am if this resolves the above. As always thanks for the help, appreciated.

More
11 Mar 2023 05:45 #266373 by zz912
Can I ask for kernel?
uname a

More
11 Mar 2023 08:11 - 11 Mar 2023 08:55 #266383 by evengravy
I've tried a few over past few days on the different install. This buster install is on 4.19.0-23-rt-amd

I managed to get the router to launch, testing dry run code as we speak. Upgraded the networking cabling too. Not sure if this solves the issue, we will see.

No idea if the lathe setup launches yet, will test that soon. im taking it one thing at a time

Edit. Lathe launches too. Very strange. Seems in my case downgrading to 2.8 is not a good idea as i. Using some 2.9 specific config. But thankfully, both machines are moving now under the latest 2.9 on buster so we will have to see how it tests out over next couple of days. Big thanks to all in the community, i was not looking forward to configuring those machines again. Ill update my other thread with NIC related findings.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2023 08:55 by evengravy.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds