Homing without LCNC with servo amplifiers feedback that the machine is homed

More
20 Mar 2023 19:50 #267182 by Sviper
Hello

I would like my amplifiers to do the homing.
I can start the homing via an input on the amplifier.
When the amplifier is done the signal comes back from the amplifier that it is done with the homing. So the amplifier is on the reference point.
As an aside:
The amplifier is controlled by mode 7:
7 (Interpolated pos. mode)

#
# Transfer actual position from X-motor to LCNC
net Xaxis_fb lcec.0.1.X-Pos => joint.0.motor-pos-fb
#
# Transfer target position from LCNC to X-motor
net Xaxis_cmd joint.0.motor-pos-cmd => lcec.0.1.X-TargetPos       
#

Can someone tell me how to tell LCNC to set the Axe as homed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2023 00:06 #267193 by spumco
If you just want LCNC to be 'dumb' and let the servo drives take care of homing, you can set your INI file like this:
HOME_OFFSET = 0.000000 (set to whatever you want the actual/physical value to be)
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0
HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 0
HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
VOLATILE_HOME = 1

And then connect whatever input (button, screen button) triggers halui.home-all (or halui.joint.N.home for each axis) to whatever pin/signal you use to trigger the servos.

The result will be that LCNC will immediately set all axes to "0" with state = homed while your servos go through their homing routines.

If you need each axis to physically finish before the next starts (like the standard LCNC sequence), you'll need to work out some sequencing logic where you connect the servo's 'is-homed' output to the next joint.N.home input.

That'll take care of physically homing each axis, but you'll need to work out how to tell LCNC what the servo thinks the position is (maybe you've already done that).

More
21 Mar 2023 00:53 #267196 by rodw
You need to look at the recent homecomp that allows custom homing routines.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/man/man9/homecomp.9.html
Ideally, your component should just start the homing process and wait until its homed befor handing control back to linuxcnc

More
21 Mar 2023 01:02 #267198 by JPL
Have a look at this discussion: forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ng-in-drives?start=0

Specifically the component written by DabyD. (last post of the first page). This is for Allen Bradley ultra300 drives but should also work for any drive that have a 'start homing' input and a 'axis homed' (done homing) output.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds