HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS for Other Joints (Blocking?)

More
25 Mar 2023 01:11 - 25 Mar 2023 01:13 #267442 by mor
I have my shared home and limit switches working when using separate inputs: X-Max+Home, Y-Max+Home, and Z-Max+Home.  The homing sequence works exactly as it should and zeroes everything.

I want to conserve inputs and put all three switches in series ALL LIMITS + HOME but the other joint limits aren't ignored; as per manual:

6.4. HOME_IGNORE_LIMITSCan hold the values YES / NO. The default value for this parameter is NO. This flag determines whether LinuxCNC will ignore the limit switch input for this joint while homing. This setting will not ignore limit inputs for other joints. If you do not have a separate home switch set this to YES and connect the limit switch signal to the joint home switch input in HAL. LinuxCNC will ignore the limit switch input for this joint while homing. To use only one input for all homing and limits you will have to block the limit signals of the joints not homing in HAL and home one joint at a time.

How do I get around this?  What does it mean to "block the limit signals of the joints not homing in HAL?"  Is there a simplified way to do this where HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS ignores all joints only during homing?

Thanks in advance for the support.

~Mor
Last edit: 25 Mar 2023 01:13 by mor. Reason: Spacing and Formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2023 14:21 #268176 by andypugh
The way that this is sometimes done is with HAL logic.

You can use and2 and or2 etc to mask various inputs based on joint.N.homed and joint.N.homing (and maybe others)

I might be able to find an example when I get home from work.

More
04 Apr 2023 17:51 #268277 by andypugh
Actually, I just remembered that stepconf knows how to do this.
If you create a new config and set one particular input to be "all limits and homes" then the wizard will configure a LUT5 component to handle the limit masking.
If you are not using the parallel port then you can at least copy the logic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Apr 2023 23:47 #268563 by mor
I'm using PNCCONF but I think I did see "all limits and homes" as an option.

After thinking about it, won't the system get confused and not know which "home" switch is triggered when homing i.e. z-axis thinks it triggered home when actually y-axis limit switch got triggered?

I guess using Home All and just letting each do their thing in sequence isn't too bad.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds