Help with a broken LinuxCNC table?!

More
05 May 2023 09:48 - 02 Jun 2023 01:17 #270716 by Shivani77
Hi everybody, I have a used DIY CNC plasma table. I was able to get it up and running without any problems and manufactured many pieces that I was really pleased with. Wantai steppers, DQ542MA drivers, and a DB25-1205 breakout board are used in this 4'x4' table.

I started it up today and there is no movement on X2, or Y. X1 and Z are both fine. I validated the steppers' functionality by swapping connectors. And all drivers are producing voltage, implying that the steppers are keeping themselves in place. When I connect a voltmeter to ENBL+ and DIR+ on a functional driver, the reading begins at 4.7 V and changes as I move the axis. I still have 4.7 V across the pins of the drivers that don't appear to be working, but there is no voltage change when I offer an input to move. I verified that the wiring to the breakout board was secure.

So, I guess I'm wondering, where do we go from here? How can I tell whether the breakout board is receiving the signal but not producing it? Or is it that it isn't receiving a signal?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank You. LINK REMOVED
Last edit: 02 Jun 2023 01:17 by tommylight. Reason: link removed by moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2023 10:00 #271523 by andypugh
Is it possible that step and dir have been swapped either in the config or at the breakout board?

Also try inverting the step polarity on those channels (in the HAL)

More
17 May 2023 12:00 #271534 by rodw
From memory the 1205 is a pretty awful board. I had one once but threw it in the bin just the other day. I know nothing about parallel ports but I would find another break out board.
Somebody else might have a recommendation 

More
02 Jun 2023 00:47 - 02 Jun 2023 00:48 #272663 by DIY09diy
Are you still having trouble? What is the drive motion control voltage? The drives usually will have a 12-48vdc supply that is used by the motors. If you short the motor leads of the windings the motor will “lock”. It sounds like you don’t have enough voltage to activate the motors.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2023 00:48 by DIY09diy. Reason: Misspelling

More
02 Jun 2023 01:18 #272664 by tommylight
@Shivani77
You add links again, you will be banned.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds